Open Letter to New Husker Staff

My feelings are that we can wait three years and watch the 4 or 5 kids held over to be practice players while the team plays BIG 10 games with 5 or 6 new recruits or we can do a reset in one year and come out swinging in year two.  There is momentum in Lincoln with Fred H and we need to strike while the iron is hot.  

Most people don't understand that it is actually better for all parties to be brutally honest if things aren't a good fit.  Don't let trying not to hurt someone's feelings make the situation worse for both sides in the long run.  If they wouldn't play,  tell them and let them move on also. 

I 100% agree with what Hoiberg is doing.  

• Plus1 6

I don’t want my new Nebrasketball fandom ruined by wrong thinking like this.  Hoiberg is bringing an exciting style of b-ball and some players aren’t a good fit for that style. I prefer that coach be honest and it’s better for all if they part ways.

Bill Moos Responds to Criticism of Fred Hoiberg’s Management of the Men’s Basketball Roster

We have heard from some Nebraska fans about their concerns for the Nebraska men’s basketball players who were in all practical terms told they had no place on the basketball roster even though they were current scholarship players.

If he was not already well aware of some of the criticism, then Bill Moos heard about it on his segment on Sports Nightly.

Like in the example below, some have said that it is not “the Nebraska way.”

Here’s the video clip of Athletic Director Bill Moos answering a question from a caller on Sports Nightly.

:rolleyes:

• Plus1 1

If this were the case then any nice person in the world could be a head basketball coach at Nebraska. Those weren't his recruits. Those kids aren't high level B10 players, not even close tbh. We have never won a NCAA tourney game. Time to pull the pants up and start eating. All hail Hoiberg 

• Plus1 1