Huskers Land Grad Transfer WR From Cal

Good pickup.   From a draft site it said he runs a 4.59 and is a shade over 5-11.     Looks like he can make tough catches.  He catches a lot of balls in the short to medium depth range and between the hashes.    Films showed him playing a lot in the slot.   I don't think Cal used 11 personnel much and I suspect he will be more of a Z for us.   Looks like he is good at running combination routes. 

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, flatwaterfan said:

Good pickup.   From a draft site it said he runs a 4.59 and is a shade over 5-11.     Looks like he can make tough catches.  He catches a lot of balls in the short to medium depth range and between the hashes.    Films showed him playing a lot in the slot.   I don't think Cal used 11 personnel much and I suspect he will be more of a Z for us.   Looks like he is good at running combination routes. 

Is that 4.59 an electronic time?

11 minutes ago, Scarlet Overkill said:

Solid highlights from 2017.   No one has put together anything from last year that i can see.

He's not a "take the top off of the defense" type of player, but he's got some circus catches and seems to find the soft spots in coverage.

• Plus1 1
18 minutes ago, theknife said:

He's not a "take the top off of the defense" type of player, but he's got some circus catches and seems to find the soft spots in coverage.

And that is a good role for him to have, to be honest.  Plus, I’m sure Tiuoti would have told Frost to pump the brakes if it wasn’t worth the scholarship, so I’m good with this all around.

Looks like a solid addition.  The video shows him making difficult catches with defenders all over him.  Doesn't appear to be too slow or too fast but having sure hands in those situations and willing to take a hit is invaluable.  He does a great job protecting the ball too.  Someone coached him well.