WR Justin Robinson [Georgia - Signed LOI]

5 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Assuming they can come in and actually get on the field. We have had some decent receivers commit the last few years and cant seem to make it to the field.

Like who? Wandale was the only one expected to play as a freshman. Hunt would have seen PT if he didn't get suspended for the year

10 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Like who? Wandale was the only one expected to play as a freshman. Hunt would have seen PT if he didn't get suspended for the year

Maybe Woodyard and M. WIlliams.  Would have thought they would have made a little more impact than they have.  Especially with how thin those positions are. 

20 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

For a variety of reasons many of these guys essentially made no impact the last few years. The last 2 I get are freshman. I just mean we have like 1 receiver in spielman who we use. Then a walk on warner showed up last game.

Tyjon Lindsey- played a little but not well. then transferred

mcquitty- i thought i remember hearing good things about him and his career has been non existant

keyshawn jr- nothing

woodyard- nothing

hunt- nothing

miles jones- nothing

mike williams- nothing

dominick watt- never made it here

darian chase- hear good things but no field time. he is freshman

jamie nance- freshman redshirting

• Plus1 1

Does anybody like this kid’s defensive highlights more? He’s got the size and athleticism to where you could turn him into an OLB, ala former wide receiver and Husker commit and future first round pick Isaiah Simmons from Clemson. Reminds me a lot of him from a size and athletic standpoint. Just a thought...

7 minutes ago, Huskadeez said:

Does anybody like this kid’s defensive highlights more? He’s got the size and athleticism to where you could turn him into an OLB, ala former wide receiver and Husker commit and future first round pick Isaiah Simmons from Clemson. Reminds me a lot of him from a size and athletic standpoint. Just a thought...

Not sure what Robinson's measurements are, but Simmons was a 24 foot long jumper and a 22 flat 200 kid.  Simmons has elite athleticism for his size.  With that being said, Clemson has enough future NFL WRs to move Simmons to LB.  We are just about as thin at WR as we are at LB.  Hope Myles Farmer can be a kid that can grow into an OLB for us

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Assuming they can come in and actually get on the field. We have had some decent receivers commit the last few years and cant seem to make it to the field.

Manning, for instance, wouldn't be brought in to sit. Williams and Woodyard are playing more than Chase, Nance and Houston. Also that trio offers the size and targets that we currently don't possess.

2 hours ago, Treand3 said:

Manning, for instance, wouldn't be brought in to sit. Williams and Woodyard are playing more than Chase, Nance and Houston. Also that trio offers the size and targets that we currently don't possess.

I agree. But I didnt think Woodyard and Williams were brought in to sit. I can only think of like 2 catches from memory for Williams. I cant think of 1 catch for Woodyard.

18 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I agree. But I didnt think Woodyard and Williams were brought in to sit. I can only think of like 2 catches from memory for Williams. I cant think of 1 catch for Woodyard.

Neither have the size nor pedigree Manning had coming out of HS either. He's spent time in a D1 program unlike the other two. Should he commit and sign with NU, he'd be a massive upgrade over both.

• Plus1 1
56 minutes ago, Treand3 said:

Neither have the size nor pedigree Manning had coming out of HS either. He's spent time in a D1 program unlike the other two. Should he commit and sign with NU, he'd be a massive upgrade over both.

I would be super pumped if we landed Manning and I would agree I think he would be a stud day 1. BUT, I have seen way too many times we say on this board. Day 1 Starter, This guy starts day 1, huge upgrade. Then never to play or is not as good as we thought once he plays P5 football. Not just any P5. SEC and BIG10 in my opinion are the 2 best conferences of P5.

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Mavric changed the title to WR Justin Robinson [Georgia - Signed LOI]