WR Justin Robinson [Georgia - Signed LOI]

I could be wrong on this, but I thought a couple weeks back I heard on the radio that we just got in the door with another (tallish) kid that will be coming out of a prep school.   I can’t find info on that anywhere.   

I know there is another prep kid that’s like 5’11” that we’ve been talking to, but I could have sworn they said 6’3” or so on the radio.  Can anyone help or am I totally messed up?  

4 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Wouldn't Betts be that guy?

He’s one, but less likely to make impact right away as true freshman and also has some academic issues of his own.   

5 minutes ago, Throw Dem Bones said:

He would be the only guy if he can qualify and get here in time to learn the playbook. I love Betts' potential but don't see him making much impact as a FR (I hope I'm wrong)

Betts is one of the highest rated receivers we have ever recruiting and he's 6'3" 190 lbs.  He can probably put on more weight, but why would you say you don't think he's going to contribute much as a freshman?

FYI....he's higher rated the Robinson was coming in last year.

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

Betts is one of the highest rated receivers we have ever recruiting and he's 6'3" 190 lbs.  He can probably put on more weight, but why would you say you don't think he's going to contribute much as a freshman?

First off, there's tons of highly rated players that don't contribute much as a FR.. I'll just compare playing time to WanDale. He got a lot of playing time because he enrolled early, hit the weight room and had all winter, spring and summer to learn the playbook. Even then it took a couple weeks before they really rolled out WanDale and let him get to work..

Betts will get here in the summer with limited weight room and playbook exposure. He will need to prove he can block (I know he's been working on that) as well. I'm not saying he won't play at all but I can definitely see the staff using Betts in 4 games and redshirting him. I don't think he will have the impact you and others expect of a highly touted 4*..

Having said that, all of that could apply to Robinson but I would rather have 2 or 3 guys that size than just the 1. 

5 minutes ago, Throw Dem Bones said:

First off, there's tons of highly rated players that don't contribute much as a FR.. I'll just compare playing time to WanDale. He got a lot of playing time because he enrolled early, hit the weight room and had all winter, spring and summer to learn the playbook. Even then it took a couple weeks before they really rolled out WanDale and let him get to work..

Betts will get here in the summer with limited weight room and playbook exposure. He will need to prove he can block (I know he's been working on that) as well. I'm not saying he won't play at all but I can definitely see the staff using Betts in 4 games and redshirting him. I don't think he will have the impact you and others expect of a highly touted 4*..

Having said that, all of that could apply to Robinson but I would rather have 2 or 3 guys that size than just the 1. 

Betts has gained 10 lbs since the start of the season.  This kid is a freak of an athlete and due to his size he might not start but will see plenty of playing time. 

• Mavric changed the title to WR Justin Robinson [Georgia - Signed LOI]