Fox moving top game to 11am slot

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

Does anyone not on the West coast watch this? I'm done with CFB by the evening and have no desire to watch more after dark.

I'm mountain time and I usually watch it before bed. Never see the whole game but it was nice when I had a newborn last fall that didn't want to sleep, ha! 

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, Enhance said:

Meyer and Leinart are intriguing as analysts, so I disagree that nobody will tune in to see them. They don't have the pull of Herbstreit and Howard, no question, but they're intriguing nonetheless. I don't get Bush and am uninterested in him, primarily because I can't think of any examples of him behind an anchor desk. It also depends who they get to "anchor" the show because those guys are analysts - they need a broadcaster with experience to coordinate and manage everything IMO, and I don't think they've got it with those three guys.

Assume Rob Stone will be anchoring the show.  I've always like Stone and thought he has done an excellent job hosting Fox's CFB, CBB, and World Cup stuff the past couple years.

I mean how can you not like a guy who does this?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
14 hours ago, Enhance said:

I certainly understand that perspective from Greg, but I think Fox is trying to dominate this time slot because of the stiff competition with ABC during the 2 and 6 p.m. slots and it will likely help ratings of their new pregame show.

Not to mention CBS with the SEC. Hugely contentious time slots. I think it’s a very good move for FOX.

I do agree with the recruiting angle, too. We tend to have to fly in so many kids from the coasts, early kickoffs can have a bigger impact in regards to travel plans. Night games give more flexibility.

• Plus1 1

11am games are okay but for me the problem is the rush.  If I am going to Lincoln (From Omaha), only an hour drive, it already puts you into "rush" mode, I could not imagine what a pain it is for fans that are coming from 2 hours plus...

I love the pregame atmosphere, I love soaking that all in and 11am makes it really rough. 

• Plus1 1

I absolutely love 11a games with the exception of the one time a year that I go down to a game in Lincoln.  On that day, I hate 11a games.

I agree with the other posters earlier ITT that this is a smart move by Fox to carve out a niche and I'm all for quality football matchups at all the time slots.  

• Fire 1
2 hours ago, teachercd said:

11am games are okay but for me the problem is the rush.  If I am going to Lincoln (From Omaha), only an hour drive, it already puts you into "rush" mode, I could not imagine what a pain it is for fans that are coming from 2 hours plus...

Four hours... :(

On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 8:43 AM, Red Five said:

11am games tend to suck for recruiting and general atmosphere (although Severe has been ranting that the 06 Texas game was 11am and was one of the loudest in memory). 

But from a sitting at home and watching standpoint, I like 11am games better than 2:30 games.

On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 7:50 AM, BigRedBuster said:

I hear this a bit. Does 1 more hour for noon games make that much difference for a recruit on an OV?

I will always hate 11 AM games.  The atmosphere compared to a night game isn't even in the same realm when attending in person.   When I'm at home,  I want the build up of excitement all day.   A 10 AM kick (Mountain for me) feels like an AAU tournament in June rather than college football. 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
2 hours ago, runningblind said:

I will always hate 11 AM games.  The atmosphere compared to a night game isn't even in the same realm when attending in person.   When I'm at home,  I want the build up of excitement all day.   A 10 AM kick (Mountain for me) feels like an AAU tournament in June rather than college football. 

So much this