** 2019 Opponent Previews : Minnesota (Game 7) **

31 minutes ago, dundermifflin said:

as things stand right now, the game at TCF concerns me the most. i just don't see a repeat of last season. minny has one of the deepest running back groups in the big ten. then add Johnson and Bateman at wr. i just see a very tough game.

Toughest road game, pretty easily I think. Colorado and Maryland have new coaches, Illinois has Lovie, and Purdue is very young. It comes at a very good time for Minnesota, sandwiched between Illinois and Rutgers, and they have a very good chance of being undefeated at that time.

With their schedule, it’s an extremely pivotal game. Probably the difference in going 7-5, and competing for the division. How they enter November is key for their season.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, dundermifflin said:

as things stand right now, the game at TCF concerns me the most. i just don't see a repeat of last season. minny has one of the deepest running back groups in the big ten. then add Johnson and Bateman at wr. i just see a very tough game.

Don't see anything about their defense in this post...Minnesota is returning alot of production on offense, but personally I don't think they went from awful to lights out on D over night like some of their fans like to talk about. Their results at the end of last season are a bit of a mirage to me. They will be tough, don't get me wrong, but I just don't think they have the pieces on defense to stop us effectively.

• Plus1 1
23 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Don't see anything about their defense in this post...Minnesota is returning alot of production on offense, but personally I don't think they went from awful to lights out on D over night like some of their fans like to talk about. Their results at the end of last season are a bit of a mirage to me. They will be tough, don't get me wrong, but I just don't think they have the pieces on defense to stop us effectively.

Of course we can't.  You're Nebraska.  Nobody can stop you.

39 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Look at the yardage totals against conference opponents in Frosts first year. Yea, no one can stop us.

Yes, offensively we were killing it in total yards. However, defensively we struggled mightily with pash rush. Also, our defense had 5 chances to stop an opponent from scoring a game-winning drive and 4/5 times we failed to stop other teams. MSU was the only team we came up and got the stop we needed. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

Yes, offensively we were killing it in total yards. However, defensively we struggled mightily with pash rush. Also, our defense had 5 chances to stop an opponent from scoring a game-winning drive and 4/5 times we failed to stop other teams. MSU was the only team we came up and got the stop we needed. 

And what does that have to do with Minnesota not being able to stop our offense effectively next season? My post was in response to a post suggesting I was being a homer but the fact of the matter is Minnesota can't stop our offense whether that poster likes it or not. To that point, no one can really stop this offense. The only thing stopping our O in that game will be our O. 

Never said it wouldn't be a shootout but in my opinion they won't be able to keep up. That is a bit of homerism, but we are on a Husker fan message board, so that should be expected. 

Advanced issues found

Advanced issues found

1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

And what does that have to do with Minnesota not being able to stop our offense effectively next season? My post was in response to a post suggesting I was being a homer but the fact of the matter is Minnesota can't stop our offense whether that poster likes it or not. To that point, no one can really stop this offense. The only thing stopping our O in that game will be our O. 

Never said it wouldn't be a shootout but in my opinion they won't be able to keep up. That is a bit of homerism, but we are on a Husker fan message board, so that should be expected. 

It has nothing to do with Minny, more or less just providing facts. You told us about total yardage against conference opponents which is correct. I gave us a fact about our defensive to add to the discussion. I can see the confusion but yea my post had nothing to do with the goofs. They claim to have a good defense but when we meet them again we will lead another defensive coordinator to unemployment. 

• Plus1 1

@HuskermanMike it won't let me quote your post either, but ahhh I see now I got you! That is an interesting point I haven't seen made before about giving up game winning drives. Really goes to show you how close we were to alot more wins, and thats with a very inefficient offense points wise considering the yardage we put up.

Hopefully we can crank out some bigger leads this upcoming season so we won't have to worry about game winning drives! But something tells me if given the test, the defense is much more ready to win more often than not this year.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
3 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

Look at the yardage totals against conference opponents in Frosts first year. Yea, no one can stop us.

Michighan versus Nebrasks 2018.

Nebraska: 39 yards rushing, 93 yards passing. 132 yards total. Didn't score untuil 5:23 left in the 3rd quarter. 

I call that stopped. 

• Plus1 1
Just now, nic said:

Michighan versus Nebrasks 2018.

Nebraska: 39 yards rushing, 93 yards passing. 132 yards total. Didn't score untuil 5:23 left in the 3rd quarter. 

I call that stopped. 

There are 2 outliers, both against teams from Michigan. But I believe they are outliers for a reason.

• Plus1 1