** 2019 Opponent Previews : Minnesota (Game 7) **

16 hours ago, brophog said:

With play counts of 61, 63, 56 and plus 5 in turnovers. The choice to run in those games was highly contingent on score. 

Don't you bring those actual football situations into analysis here!  We need arbitrary numbers to come to conclusion that makes no sense. 

2 hours ago, KingBlank said:

Don't you bring those actual football situations into analysis here!  We need arbitrary numbers to come to conclusion that makes no sense. 

Minnesota doesn’t have a ball control passing game, very few unique players catch a pass for them, and it’s largely downfield. Very feast or famine. If they’re in control of a game, they should be running the ball pretty exclusively, shortening the game and getting out of there.

4 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

People always count Bunch out because he's not a scholly player.  Kid is fast, period.  If he figures out the offense, he's going to be just as good as Vedral and possibly could slide into a solid #2 role.

I don’t think so. With the offense mastered he’s a solid #4 imo.

• Fire 1

6 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I don’t think so. With the offense mastered he’s a solid #4 imo.

Yeah, pretty sure it's Vedral and/or McCaffrey - depending on the specifics of the situation and trying to redshirt McCaffrey - and then Bunch a couple steps back of them.

• Fire 1
11 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Honestly, they'll play who they'll play regardless of scholarship.  McCaffery is redshirting.  1 Injury, and he's the #2 in your scenario.

In mine, 1 injury and he's there playing.

People forget he was a 4.5 second 40 yard dash guy...if he figures out the offense his passing improves at all..he'll be right in the mix.  He's a talented athlete every bit as good, if not better, than Vedral...he's definitely faster than Vedral for sure.

Being fast doesn't make you a good quarterback. 

If Martinez gets injured I can assure you Bunch won't be the next one up.   There was a reason he flirted with the transfer portal.   I honestly think they'd seriously consider putting McCaffrey in depending in how bad the injury was. 

1 hour ago, BlitzFirst said:

People forget he was a 4.5 second 40 yard dash guy...if he figures out the offense his passing improves at all..he'll be right in the mix.  He's a talented athlete every bit as good, if not better, than Vedral...he's definitely faster than Vedral for sure.

It doesn't bode well for your pick if the two things he needs to get better at are about 90% of what it takes to play quarterback.

29 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

And you can't assure me that.  You can only assume you know.

Eh, it's more than an assumption.  It's the consensus of basically everyone who's involved in the situation - media, fans, even coaches to some extent (of what they've said publically) - except for one person who seems to be the hold out.

• Plus1 1
34 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

just because he has no scholly.

Just saying this over and over doesn't make it true. Him not being on scholly isn't close to the only reason why people think he's the 4th best QB. And it's a weird thing to say about Nebraska fans, who seem to obsess over the abilities of walk ons to make it. E.g., people always obsess over the walk on running backs.

• Plus1 1

When we curb stomp in the first game it’ll become damn clear who our backups are. 

Martinez will start the second half then Verdral will come in for mid 3rd qtr. 

Then Bunch will play most of the 4th. 

Mcaffrey wont play. He’s here to redshirt. They said so like 137 times during his commitment. 

Stop the “2 QB in same time” talk. Stop the “who’s better now” and “Mcaffrey freak athlete” talk.  He’ll redshirt and get, MAYBE, some 4 game action if things go our way. He’s got a long long way to go as a D1 QB.  I watched him play 6 times in high school. He has a long way to go. 

Martinez is the freak, he’s the ONE.  He’s the kid who no one can believe how good. The others are here to grow and learn and develop. 

9 hours ago, I am I said:

When we curb stomp in the first game it’ll become damn clear who our backups are. 

Martinez will start the second half then Verdral will come in for mid 3rd qtr. 

Then Bunch will play most of the 4th. 

Mcaffrey wont play. He’s here to redshirt. They said so like 137 times during his commitment. 

Stop the “2 QB in same time” talk. Stop the “who’s better now” and “Mcaffrey freak athlete” talk.  He’ll redshirt and get, MAYBE, some 4 game action if things go our way. He’s got a long long way to go as a D1 QB.  I watched him play 6 times in high school. He has a long way to go. 

Martinez is the freak, he’s the ONE.  He’s the kid who no one can believe how good. The others are here to grow and learn and develop. 

Someone tell Frost to stop talking about this stuff guys.

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2019 at 7:15 AM, BlitzFirst said:

It's not based on his ability, that much is obvious...so I just assume it's peoples natural penchant in modern football to think scholarship players are always better than walk ons. 

He's got starting experience and a year in this offensive system but they're willing to put McCaffrey as a shoe in ahead of him in spite of coaches saying they'd ideally like to red shirt him...but hey, I'm sure Bunch just sucks...we should just dismiss him.  No way possible he's better than a freshman scholarship player.

Damn Frost.  He must only care about scholarship players....

Frost said they hadn’t named their No. 2 quarterback yet, but hinted it would be between Noah Vedral and Luke McCaffrey.

HOL

• Plus1 1