** 2019 Opponent Previews : Minnesota (Game 7) **

6 minutes ago, 10_point_buck said:

Early forecast for the Twin Cities is cold, windy and maybe wet. Way too early to know if it will be wet or not, but the cold and windy are almost a given from what I have seen so far in the forecast models.  Wind will be similar to the game Saturday vs Northwestern, but I have no clue on how the stadium in MN is with wind as some are worse than others. (Hinze Field)

Nothing like a moist game of ballfoot to break in a backup walk on QB. 

11 minutes ago, 10_point_buck said:

Early forecast for the Twin Cities is cold, windy and maybe wet. Way too early to know if it will be wet or not, but the cold and windy are almost a given from what I have seen so far in the forecast models.  Wind will be similar to the game Saturday vs Northwestern, but I have no clue on how the stadium in MN is with wind as some are worse than others. (Hinze Field)

The stadium isn't tall (because it's not very big) so the wind can blow a bit more there than in larger stadiums.

Enough layers and it will be fine. Unless you're one of the shirtless students.

27 minutes ago, BowedButNotBeaten said:

The stadium isn't tall (because it's not very big) so the wind can blow a bit more there than in larger stadiums.

Enough layers and it will be fine. Unless you're one of the shirtless students.

This probably cuts down on the swirling effect though right? Seems like big stadiums get a swirl going and it's anyone's guess what happens when the ball is in the air.

9 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

This probably cuts down on the swirling effect though right? Seems like big stadiums get a swirl going and it's anyone's guess what happens when the ball is in the air.

That's a really good point. Kickers certainly haven't had too many issues being accurate at TCF Bank. That's good for us, because we trot out a freshman kicker who has had some success this year but isn't exactly battle tested (except for a big kick in the Fresno St. game).

1 hour ago, BowedButNotBeaten said:

That's a really good point. Kickers certainly haven't had too many issues being accurate at TCF Bank. That's good for us, because we trot out a freshman kicker who has had some success this year but isn't exactly battle tested (except for a big kick in the Fresno St. game).

I assure you, your kicking situation is better than ours. 

3 hours ago, BowedButNotBeaten said:

Hows the atmosphere.  Wanted to catch a game this year and wanted it to me Minn with my brother but i dont think hes going to make it.  If i went it would be solo.  Kinda would like to know what atmosphere im walking into.

Not a meteorologist, but I *did* stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night... the weather will be a big wildcard on Saturday and I hope Frost is entering that variable into his game planning. Right now a strong low will be tracking right over Minneapolis on Saturday. The day could begin with southerly winds and by late afternoon/evening be 15-20 out of the northwest. A winter storm will dump snow NW of that low and the heavy snow gradient is CURRENTLY *just* west/nw of Minneapolis. But the exact track could shift between now and and Saturday. 

Folks going to the game will probably want to go east to Des Moines and north to Minneapolis to have the warmer temps and drier roads, even though it may mean more miles.

1 hour ago, Stone Cold said:

Hows the atmosphere.  Wanted to catch a game this year and wanted it to me Minn with my brother but i dont think hes going to make it.  If i went it would be solo.  Kinda would like to know what atmosphere im walking into.

It's fine, but it's nothing special. The stadium will be 30% Husker fans. The Twin Cities are quintessential pro sports towns - the Gophers are far behind the Vikings, Twins, Wild, T-Wolves. They're not that far ahead of Minnesota United FC and maybe even the Lynx.

That's ok. It is what it is. But the stadium is a cool-looking brick structure, the fans will be friendly, and you can buy beer. I hope you come and you'll have a good time if you do. Bring the Bits of Broken Chair with you, please.

• Plus1 1
43 minutes ago, BowedButNotBeaten said:

It's fine, but it's nothing special. The stadium will be 30% Husker fans. The Twin Cities are quintessential pro sports towns - the Gophers are far behind the Vikings, Twins, Wild, T-Wolves. They're not that far ahead of Minnesota United FC and maybe even the Lynx.

That's ok. It is what it is. But the stadium is a cool-looking brick structure, the fans will be friendly, and you can buy beer. I hope you come and you'll have a good time if you do. Bring the Bits of Broken Chair with you, please.

They really just need embrace this, honestly.  Its how a trophy game should be started.  Weather looks nasty for the game but id still like to go.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Stone Cold said:

Well, it’s not Boulder. Roughly 50k of us survived that experience, except for Karl. Anyone seen Karl? He ran off with two cross dressers he met on Craigslist. Boulder’s a strange place kids. Proper PPE required.

10 hours ago, Stone Cold said:

Friendly and welcoming.  People will generally be excited to see you, or politely indifferent.  Very rare for anyone to have a negative experience.

Otherwise, about 78% nitrogen, 21% oxygen, and 1% argon, just like Nebraska.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 2