** 2019 Opponent Previews : Minnesota (Game 7) **

11 hours ago, Stone Cold said:

Hows the atmosphere.  Wanted to catch a game this year and wanted it to me Minn with my brother but i dont think hes going to make it.  If i went it would be solo.  Kinda would like to know what atmosphere im walking into.

People are nice most won't even know there is a game and the tailgating and bar scene sucks.  Check out Herb and Stubbs (I think that is the name of the bar) that will be the best one.

I have found the tailgating in MN to be pretty good.  For the most part fans are pretty nice, they don't have a hatred for us like they do for  Wisconsin.  Plus the stadium is normally at least 20% red, so there will be a lot of fellow Nebraska fans there.  The BWW across the street from the stadium is a good place (albeit packed) if you don't have a tailgate to attend.

9 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I have found the tailgating in MN to be pretty good.  For the most part fans are pretty nice, they don't have a hatred for us like they do for  Wisconsin.  Plus the stadium is normally at least 20% red, so there will be a lot of fellow Nebraska fans there.  The BWW across the street from the stadium is a good place (albeit packed) if you don't have a tailgate to attend.

That part BLEW MY MIND!

We were asking around for cool fun places and that kept popping up...I was like :"Ummm, really?"

http://www.stubandherbsbar.com/

I would go there again before/after the game but overall the experience was sort of dull.

I would put Wisconsin, Illinois, Purdue and even Northwestern (But we did the Blue event for that game) ahead of Minny.

19 minutes ago, teachercd said:

That part BLEW MY MIND!

We were asking around for cool fun places and that kept popping up...I was like :"Ummm, really?"

http://www.stubandherbsbar.com/

I would go there again before/after the game but overall the experience was sort of dull.

I would put Wisconsin, Illinois, Purdue and even Northwestern (But we did the Blue event for that game) ahead of Minny.

The BWW is an old fire station that they revamped.  They have a big outdoor space where they turn a parking lot into an outdoor beer garden and they have pretty decent specials on domestics.  And they have a bunch of TVs in and outside for other games.

Stub and Herbs is fine, and will have way more local beers if that is your thing.

There are a couple of other places on Washington (Sallys comes to mind), or else you have to walk 4-5 blocks east on Oak street for a few more bars.

If you have an "in" at a tailgating lot that is still the best option.  I have some friends that are gophers that do a big tailgate 2-3 times a year.  I have just gone down to hang out with them before with no intention of going to a game.

20 minutes ago, Red Five said:

The BWW is an old fire station that they revamped.  They have a big outdoor space where they turn a parking lot into an outdoor beer garden and they have pretty decent specials on domestics.  And they have a bunch of TVs in and outside for other games.

Stub and Herbs is fine, and will have way more local beers if that is your thing.

There are a couple of other places on Washington (Sallys comes to mind), or else you have to walk 4-5 blocks east on Oak street for a few more bars.

If you have an "in" at a tailgating lot that is still the best option.  I have some friends that are gophers that do a big tailgate 2-3 times a year.  I have just gone down to hang out with them before with no intention of going to a game.

Yeah, I think the tailgate spot would be the way to go.  

The more road games I attend the more I realize that the set up in Lincoln is really pretty solid.

O Street is a great strip of bars:

The Bar The Bar, Rail, Sandy's, 12th street pub (or whatever it is called), Brothers, Watering Hole (Not a big fan), Bodegas, Iguanas (I think), Lazaris, then add in the Rail Yard (that area alone is better than most any place I have seen at other places)

The tailgating is really good in Lincoln, I suppose one could argue that it is sort of spread out. 

1 hour ago, everybody knows my name said:

Make the most of it.  You don't have to stay right next to the stadium to have a good time.  Check out Matt's Bar, the 5-8 Club, Psycho Suzi's, Gasthof Zur Gemutlichkeit, or one of a thousand other great bars in the area.

Any good places to eat with kids?   

3 hours ago, Red Five said:

When you say BWW are talking about Buffalo Wild Wings?

asking for someone who is going. 

2 minutes ago, Undone said:

You know they'll crowd the box and bring constant pressure if Martinez isn't playing.

In my humble opinion, Frost hasn't been all that great at dialing up plays to exploit the blitz this season. Gotta a way to do that this weekend.

He was last year (in the second half of the season)--wonder what changed...

1 minute ago, VectorVictor said:

He was last year (in the second half of the season)--wonder what changed...

Can't understand it either. Maybe he liked Morgan on those quick hitter outside WR screen plays because of his strength to fight through tackles. Or Maybe they tried practicing those plays and Martinez hasn't been throwing a good ball on those. 

Who knows?