** 2019 Opponent Previews : Minnesota (Game 7) **

4 hours ago, WyoHusker56 said:

I agree there was not a lot different other than I do agree that Vedral ran a bit more decisively than AM. However, the throw to Wan'Dale was almost identical to one AM hit him on earlier you can see it here:

Also, while I think AM needs to pull it down and run a bit more often or sooner, he's not always getting the chance. In the video you can see at the 1:14 mark there is 58 seconds left in the quarter when he gets the snap it looks like he makes two reads and pulls it down to run at about 55 seconds, but a guy immediately has his ankles the he gets hit from behind. 3 seconds is the bare minimum that your OL should protect and there was a huge hole if Hixson stays on that block.

Also, at 0:38 you can see where Frost's reference to AM making a throw like Patrick Mahomes comes from.

I think the main thing Vedral does better is process information quicker, because he knows the offense so well. 

I think Martinez has a stronger arm, but can't really comment on accuracy, as I haven't seen Vedral throw enough. 

13 hours ago, BleedHuskerRed said:

I don't know if it's appropriate to post this in this forum, but I now have three extra tickets to the game.

Lower bowl, Section 119 Row 7

I am trying to make sure they go to Husker fans. If you are at all interested, please hit me up through Craigslist:

https://omaha.craigslist.org/tix/d/kasota-nebraska-at-minnesota-set-of/6994373068.html

Man is that what tickets are going for.  I kinda got a old school ISU vs Nebraska vibe for this one tickets 35 a piece kinda thing.  Guess i was wrong.  

10 hours ago, Stone Cold said:

Man is that what tickets are going for.  I kinda got a old school ISU vs Nebraska vibe for this one tickets 35 a piece kinda thing.  Guess i was wrong.  

Right now prices up here are $125 - 250 for the lower bowl. Who knows with the weather, prices may go down. I would stay on it, and see what you can find Thursday/Friday.

I bought early because I have a bunch of family/friends coming up here. Getting what I paid may be a challenge now. 

4 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

I'll ask it again... Where have the quick WR screens/bubbles gone this year? It got AM in rhythm and spread the defense out more and made them sit back less last season. 

These?

Although that one is actually an RPO. I think we're just not blocking them well enough to be confident calling them, or defenses just aren't giving us the numbers we like to want to run them.

7 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

These?

Although that one is actually an RPO. I think we're just not blocking them well enough to be confident calling them, or defenses just aren't giving us the numbers we like to want to run them.

That's just one time and some were RPO but a lot were not either. I know against Iowa for example last year we ran a ton of them if you go back and watch. We did it all last year really 

Just now, BIG ERN said:

That's just one time and some were RPO but a lot were not either. I know against Iowa for example last year we ran a ton of them if you go back and watch. We did it all last year really 

Yeah I've wondered as well, I just immediately thought of that play Saturday and assumed it's blocking. But then thinking more, those are almost always called contingent on numbers in the box. So I'm more inclined to believe teams are specifically gameplanning looks that we don't want to run those against.

10 hours ago, BowedButNotBeaten said:

Is J.D. Spielman going to play? Never blamed the kid for leaving town for college. The media can be brutal on an NFL general manager, and that would be tough to listen to as a kid.

51 minutes ago, HuskerPwr said:

Doubtful. I doubt Martinez or Washington play either.

Does that have anything behind it? JD certainly looked much better than Martinez walking off the field last week, and you'd figure he's going to try since it's in his home town. I haven't heard if he's practicing or not, but I thought there was a decent chance he'd be ready.

Only reason Mo wouldn't play is if he doesn't respond to the suspension how the coaches want him to. Which is entirely possible, but I don't think he'd do something to get suspended again. Maybe just a limited role.

40 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

The WR screen is being hampered by not having Cade Warner in the game.  Cade is probably the best blocker on those and when he catches the ball there he is probably one of the best guys at making that first guy miss.  Warner being hurt is really hurting our passing game right now. 

You got to give NW some credit on defense.  They are right up there at being very good.  They lack some in athletes but are probably the most fundamentally sound defense that Nebraska will play this year.  If they aren't they are just behind Wisconsin in that respect.  NW is never out of position. That was text book on how to play the screen.  Paddy Fisher and Joe Graziano and there other ILB can't remember his name, could basically play for anyone in the B1G.  They will all play on Sundays. 

1 minute ago, NUinID said:

The WR screen is being hampered by not having Cade Warner in the game.  Cade is probably the best blocker on those and when he catches the ball there he is probably one of the best guys at making that first guy miss.  Warner being hurt is really hurting our passing game right now. 

You got to give NW some credit on defense.  They are right up there at being very good.  They lack some in athletes but are probably the most fundamentally sound defense that Nebraska will play this year.  If they aren't they are just behind Wisconsin in that respect.  NW is never out of position. That was text book on how to play the screen.  Paddy Fisher and Joe Graziano and there other ILB can't remember his name, could basically play for anyone in the B1G.  They will all play on Sundays. 

And still only being able to manage 4-5 yards. But yeah, he at least knows how to run them.

And you're right, that is not a bad defense. 8th in the country by SP+ - they've got some dudes. And if we got the drops/penalties cleaned up (big if, I know) there wouldn't be much talk about the offense struggling to move the ball on them.

6 minutes ago, NUinID said:

I just rewatched the 40 minute version of the NW game and this is exactly what I took away from this.  Very very seldom did our offense have people in space to run.  There was some criticism of Washington after the game.  But, looking at the plays where he got the ball, I don't see how he could have done any better.  They were keyed on him and gang tackled.

We should see an easier offense to move the ball against this Saturday.