** 2019 Opponent Previews : Minnesota (Game 7) **

12 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

And still only being able to manage 4-5 yards. But yeah, he at least knows how to run them.

And you're right, that is not a bad defense. 8th in the country by SP+ - they've got some dudes. And if we got the drops/penalties cleaned up (big if, I know) there wouldn't be much talk about the offense struggling to move the ball on them.

I will take 4-5 yards of positive yardage on 1st down all day long. 

Everyone is looking at NW record and not giving them any credit for having a good defense.  Their offense is pretty bad, but man they can play defense.  There losses are to Stanford, a team that just beat Washington and appears to be getting it turned around.  An undefeated Wisconsin team at 5-0 a 4-2 MSU team and a 4-2 Nebraska team. Everyone of NW losses is to a team with at least a .500 record.  

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

Wow....

I'm very surprised with Martinez.

I wonder if they did that just because they knew the media would do this to make Minnesota think about him.  But, plan on playing Vedral instead of a 60% Martinez.

Quite possible. If he's healthy enough to practice you might as well give him reps, but especially if they think we'll need the QB run game a less than 100% Martinez may not be better than Vedral.

19 hours ago, Red Five said:

It will be out of the west.  So it will be blowing from the open end of the stadium to the closed end.

The midrange NAM model is now out for game time and both have the surface low northwest of Minneapolis with 10 meter winds out of the SW (10 kts). Spotty snow around the area with a temp of 35F at kickoff.