** 2019 Opponent Previews : Minnesota (Game 7) **

2 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

Does that have anything behind it? JD certainly looked much better than Martinez walking off the field last week, and you'd figure he's going to try since it's in his home town. I haven't heard if he's practicing or not, but I thought there was a decent chance he'd be ready.

Only reason Mo wouldn't play is if he doesn't respond to the suspension how the coaches want him to. Which is entirely possible, but I don't think he'd do something to get suspended again. Maybe just a limited role.

No, just pure speculation on my part. JD seems like the type of player that plays through minor injuries for the good of the team so that fact that he was out vs. NW makes me think he will need longer than a few days to heal up. I’m thrilled to hear he and Martinez are in pads today. I hope I’m wrong about Washington, too but I think he’s got some growing up to do. Whether or not he plays Saturday will be telling. 

48 minutes ago, HuskerPwr said:

I hope I’m wrong about Washington, too but I think he’s got some growing up to do. Whether or not he plays Saturday will be telling. 

At this point in time, I don't see how us fans can count on Washington being on the field.  I hope he pulls his head of his a$$ and gets back out there making plays.

But, until then...I'm counting on Mills, Robinson and ??? to produce.

• Plus1 1

We can get home to their QB but we need to speed rush their Tackles. 

Daniel Faalele is a huge dude but he is slow... Gotta have speed rushers. Need to send Tannor and Davis a lot. 

Some of the best WR's I have seen in a while. Tyler Johnson is the big name but Rashod Bateman will give us problems. 

Tanner Morgan is way better than I anticipated but still can be beat.

Living up here, I have chatted with quite a few about the Gophers. I dont think they have had a truly tough opponent yet but they have been tested. I think the first 3 games have shown to them they can win close games.

I am pretty concerned about the Huskers going into this game. I dont think Fleck is that good of a coach(And I cant stand him) but the Gophers seem to have found their style. Not sure how healthy their RB core is, but they have 3 really good players- Rodney Smith, Mohamed Ibrahim and Shannon Brooks. 

Honestly the Gophers are a consistent OL away from being a pretty good Offense.

Their Defense seems to struggle against more mobile QB's but we need to avoid testing Antoine Winfield Jr. That dude is a baller.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

At this point in time, I don't see how us fans can count on Washington being on the field.  I hope he pulls his head of his a$$ and gets back out there making plays.

But, until then...I'm counting on Mills, Robinson and ??? to produce.

Was it stated publicly that Washington was suspended or just assumed since we didn't see him in the first half?

One of the things I've really liked this year so far is the conditioning of our offense. I think it's a real strength.

In the first quarter of this one, I hope we can at least get a couple first downs on our first few drives to then be able to punt it deep on them and play field position. 

And when we do get to their QB, strip the ball.

1 minute ago, Undone said:

One of the things I've really liked this year so far is the conditioning of our offense. I think it's a real strength.

In the first quarter of this one, I hope we can at least get a couple first downs on our first few drives to then be able to punt it deep on them and play field position. 

And when we do get to their QB, strip the ball.

Ya, it sure would be nice to start fast on the road. The real enigma is our performance in the 3rd quarter. We relinquish hard fought leads too often in the drives right after halftime. If we can eliminate poor 2nd half starts, we might be able to pull away from some of these opponents instead of letting them take the momentum from us early in the 2nd half...

• Plus1 1
18 hours ago, Red Five said:

Sound like the gophers are preparing as if the game will be on Hoth.  Using frozen footballs, having qb/rb/wr dip their hands in ice water before drills, and pouring ice water down the players backs.

PJ Fleck is an idiot.

It is going to be 35 degrees with some light flurries. 14MPH winds/ 40% rain/snow mix.

I think Frost should practice a bit more, but honestly it seems a bit aggressive to pour ice water on guys...

Saturday will show up and half the team will be sick.

• Plus1 2