WR Shawn Hardy

HuskerBoard Predictor  

18 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Hardy commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, Loebarth said:

@teachercd until it's manipulated in one way or another. In many instances its the "Haves" that benefit while the "Have nots" are more deserving.

Sports in general is a very good example. I've seen and heard of the scenario where coachs are forced to start lesser players because parents of the lesser players have put thousands of dollars into the athlete thru select sports. (baseball, volleyball, softball, basketball) Parents believe they should have a voice in their child's sport because they've (the haves) spent thousands on their child's development. The parents feet feel their child should start even if the better athlete who isn't in select sports (parents can't afford it, the have nots) is more deserving.

Yeah I only got to play because my dad was the coach.  At least that's what the parents from the stands would shout.

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Those parents should have had the common decency to talk about you behind your back and in hushed tones like all of the other parents do.

they were clueless.  One kid was actually 3rd string but his dad swore he should be playing ahead of me and would yell and scream anytime I got a penalty or anything.  I could hear him on game film too.  

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

they were clueless.  One kid was actually 3rd string but his dad swore he should be playing ahead of me and would yell and scream anytime I got a penalty or anything.  I could hear him on game film too.  

There was a very, very vocal mother of one of my son's classmates.  She would ALWAYS be standing up yelling at the refs or coach or somebody.  Every single game.  Once, during a Jr High basketball game she was standing up screaming at the referee about something or other.  (This is in a small town, so probably 30 people there for an afternoon basketball game).  Her son (who was a pretty nice guy and very good athlete) got the out of bound pass, dribbled toward the sideline where she was seated and yelled "Mom!  Sit the f! down and shut up!!!"   She did.  The rest of us roared with laughter.

11 minutes ago, grandpasknee said:

There was a very, very vocal mother of one of my son's classmates.  She would ALWAYS be standing up yelling at the refs or coach or somebody.  Every single game.  Once, during a Jr High basketball game she was standing up screaming at the referee about something or other.  (This is in a small town, so probably 30 people there for an afternoon basketball game).  Her son (who was a pretty nice guy and very good athlete) got the out of bound pass, dribbled toward the sideline where she was seated and yelled "Mom!  Sit the f! down and shut up!!!"   She did.  The rest of us roared with laughter.

I had a mom call and ask why her son didn't play on Friday.  Well your son missed 3 practices this week.  No my son was at practice.  No I was at practice and can assure you he was not.  "well he told me he was at practice".  He lied to you ma'm. lol.  we had some good ones

9 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I had a mom call and ask why her son didn't play on Friday.  Well your son missed 3 practices this week.  No my son was at practice.  No I was at practice and can assure you he was not.  "well he told me he was at practice".  He lied to you ma'm. lol.  we had some good ones

That's hilarious.  It's amazing how parents will assume their kids are telling the truth instead of the coach/teacher.  I am not saying the adults are always telling the truth, but the kids are going to lie more often than the adults.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2020 at 7:19 AM, suh_fan93 said:

The #1 play was the QB who throws the INT and then makes a beastly tackle resulting in a fumble.  Man, we could use some of that with our self-inflicted wounds at that spot.  :-)

The #1 play was the QB who throws the INT and then makes a beastly tackle resulting in a fumble.  Man, we could use some of that with our self-inflicted wounds at that spot.  :-)

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • 1 month later...
  • Mavric changed the title to WR Shawn Hardy