Predicted First Loss for Each B1G Team

NEBRASKA HUSKERS
First loss: vs. Northwestern, Oct. 5

Why: With a sign the program hasn't quite yet arrived under Scott Frost, Nebraska will follow-up a momentum-building upset win over Ohio State with a lackluster performance in Lincoln vs. Northwestern the following week, a real downer for Huskers fans. Then again, ask any Nebraska supporter and they'd probably tell you if they had the option of a victory this fall over the Buckeyes or the Wildcats, they're taking Ohio State all day long. By the first weekend in October, Adrian Martinez will have entered the early-season Heisman conversation and will be a household name nationally.

OHIO STATE BUCKEYES
First loss: at Nebraska, Sept. 28

Illinois: vs. Nebraska, Sept. 21 

Minnesota: vs. Nebraska, Oct. 12

25 minutes ago, huskerinacaveman said:

I realize that this isnt UCF, but while coached by SF, they didnt seem to get too high about themselves as the season went on.  With the loss that we took from NW last year, I doubt they fail to show up to that game. 

I'm not sold on beating tOSU until I see it, and I'd put that as their first loss of the season.

I doubt we beat OSU but if we do, we won't be losing to NW.

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 2

I don't think the predicted win over Ohio State is a real comment on Nebraska, but lower expectations of Ohio State.  Seems to be a lot of people jumping off their band wagon.  QB may live up to expectations and if he does Ohio State will be just fine.  I really do not think we have the talent to beat Ohio State, but new coach and lot of new starters makes it possible I guess, but i am in the same thinking of Show Me.  

• Plus1 2

I agree with the premise tOSU may not be what it has been under UM,  but it's a fact that Ohio State has posted a win/loss % of .600 or lower in 7 seasons since 1959.  

And never in multiple seasons in a row.  Nebraska only has one win over them as a member of the Big ten, and that was the last time they posted a subpar record for the season.

Until Nebraska beats Ohio state when they are Ohio State, a win shouldnt be predicted....and should they win this year, they wont overlook Northwestern.  That team has been a thorn to Nebraska more than any other team.

• Plus1 1

8 hours ago, skersfan said:

I don't think the predicted win over Ohio State is a real comment on Nebraska, but lower expectations of Ohio State.  Seems to be a lot of people jumping off their band wagon.  QB may live up to expectations and if he does Ohio State will be just fine.  I really do not think we have the talent to beat Ohio State, but new coach and lot of new starters makes it possible I guess, but i am in the same thinking of Show Me.  

It’s both. 

I dont see why we couldnt beat Ohio state.  Came pretty close last year.  I think we will be better on both sides of the ball.  Should be faster as well.  Also if the team is undefeated going in to ohio state and wins I dont see it as a blow your load situation and then lose to Northwestern.  I would assume the team at that point realizes the type of season that could be ahead of them if they beat the buckeyes 

1 hour ago, OH HSKR FAN said:

Northwestern rarely loses in Lincoln.   That has to be kept in mind.

They haven't faced a Frost led Husker squad in Lincoln yet.  Last year in Evanston, our discipline problem wasn't cleaned up yet (stupid penalties, poor technique).  Plus NW had zero penalties CALLED on them the whole game, which having attended the game I still maintain was a bunch of B.S.