Predicted First Loss for Each B1G Team

12 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

They haven't faced a Frost led Husker squad in Lincoln yet.  Last year in Evanston, our discipline problem wasn't cleaned up yet (stupid penalties, poor technique).  Plus NW had zero penalties CALLED on them the whole game, which having attended the game I still maintain was a bunch of B.S.  

That was the most ridiculous thing about that whole game.  NW threw 64 passes in that game and had no holding calls.  That is almost statistically impossible.   

• Plus1 1
41 minutes ago, brophog said:

If there is any game I’m confident in, it’s Northwestern. That was a win we turned into a loss. Very motivated to beat a team that plays in too many close games.

Outside of Texas, they've got to the luckiest team Nebraska plays.

On 5/19/2019 at 9:42 PM, Decoy73 said:

Plus NW had zero penalties CALLED on them the whole game, which having attended the game I still maintain was a bunch of B.S.  

Are you the guy that was a few rows behind me yelling "HOLDINGGGGGGG" after every play? :lol: 

1 hour ago, Treand3 said:

Outside of Texas, they've got to the luckiest team Nebraska plays.

2011 they didn't get lucky, we played like s#!t and deserved to lose.

2012 we won in the last minute or so

2013 we won on a hail mary

2014 we won confidently

2015 i don't really remember what happened but i know it was close so i'd say maybe they got lucky but no more lucky than BYU, Miami, Wisconsin and Illinois that year.

2016 we won confidently

2017 never happened we don't talk about that

2018 we made mistakes, they didn't

I don't see them as all that lucky at all, especially against us. Wisconsin's had just as many close 'lucky' wins against us but without the counterpoints of close losses as well.

21 minutes ago, Landlord said:

2011 they didn't get lucky, we played like s#!t and deserved to lose.

2012 we won in the last minute or so

2013 we won on a hail mary

2014 we won confidently

2015 i don't really remember what happened but i know it was close so i'd say maybe they got lucky but no more lucky than BYU, Miami, Wisconsin and Illinois that year.

2016 we won confidently

2017 never happened we don't talk about that

2018 we made mistakes, they didn't

I don't see them as all that lucky at all, especially against us. Wisconsin's had just as many close 'lucky' wins against us but without the counterpoints of close losses as well.

Guess it depends how you look at it.

2011- couldn't stop the run but Rex, who rarely fumbled, does so inside their 5 yard line. A score of any kind and the game is different

2012- Two muffed punts by Abdullah/Bell. Giving NW prime field position, which they scored a TD.

2013- Armstrong throws 500 ints that game. We were lucky to win.

2014- Probably the cleanest game we played of the series and the score showed.

2015- Armstrong just flings a pass, under pressure so credit NW, but the pass goes for a pick 6. Turned out to be the difference.

2016- Fumbles, fumbles and more fumbles, along with missed TD passes. Luckily Northwestern couldn't capitalize but the score should've been much worse in favor of Nebraska.

2017- Everyone knows the coaching staff peed that one away. Driving with chance to put them away and they make Lee pass instead of milking clock and playing for a FG. Mind you they needed a win any way they could get one.

2018- You could talk me into NW making plays. Davis did bail them out by not laying off of Thorson on 3rd down.

Sure they made the plays to win but to some flukey **** has gone down in the series

I can't even front on Wisconsin...they've flat out beat us.

• Plus1 3
19 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Are you the guy that was a few rows behind me yelling "HOLDINGGGGGGG" after every play? :lol: 

Hmmm. Was he also arguing calls with a NW fan while simultaneously being hushed by his wife. If so, yep. It was me. 

• Haha 3

23 hours ago, NUinID said:

That was the most ridiculous thing about that whole game.  NW threw 64 passes in that game and had no holding calls.  That is almost statistically impossible.   

It is impossible.  The refs found a groove of allowing their negligence to fly while holding our terrible discipline in a much different standard than even it deserved.  We quite literally got edged by the refs that day, yeah we sucked but we shouldn't have lost that game.

11 hours ago, Treand3 said:

Guess it depends how you look at it.

2011- couldn't stop the run but Rex, who rarely fumbled, does so inside their 5 yard line. A score of any kind and the game is different

2012- Two muffed punts by Abdullah/Bell. Giving NW prime field position, which they scored a TD.

2013- Armstrong throws 500 ints that game. We were lucky to win.

2014- Probably the cleanest game we played of the series and the score showed.

2015- Armstrong just flings a pass, under pressure so credit NW, but the pass goes for a pick 6. Turned out to be the difference.

2016- Fumbles, fumbles and more fumbles, along with missed TD passes. Luckily Northwestern couldn't capitalize but the score should've been much worse in favor of Nebraska.

2017- Everyone knows the coaching staff peed that one away. Driving with chance to put them away and they make Lee pass instead of milking clock and playing for a FG. Mind you they needed a win any way they could get one.

2018- You could talk me into NW making plays. Davis did bail them out by not laying off of Thorson on 3rd down.

Sure they made the plays to win but to some flukey **** has gone down in the series

I can't even front on Wisconsin...they've flat out beat us.

Us fumbling in the Pelini era wasn't flukey - it was par for the course. I don't see anything you listed that was flukey or weird or lucky in their favor. 

• Fire 1
3 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Us fumbling in the Pelini era wasn't flukey - it was par for the course. I don't see anything you listed that was flukey or weird or lucky in their favor. 

I was specifically speaking about Rex. Abdullah, Martinez and others had their issues but it wasn't par for Rex, as he was one of the most reliable players of Bo's era.

I do...I can't ever recall multiple muffed punts in one game,  and neither did the visiting fans as they mocked Abdullah once he finally fielded one. For all the picks Armstrong has thrown...and he threw a lot, they usually didn't go for 6. Tanner Lee OTOH....

I maintain if Nebraska has more complete games against them, this series isn't as close. Northwestern has been a formidable opponent but I refuse to dismiss Nebraska not providing a hand in it. 

• Plus1 1