Predicted First Loss for Each B1G Team

17 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Would you say any more lucky than all the other teams that never got holding calls against us over the last two and a half years?

The B10 was screwing us over until it was called out on national TV in regards to holding calls....

• Plus1 4

Northwestern will not win in Lincoln this year. Personally I think we have a much better than usual shot at beating tOSU but I don't think this type of prediction article is any place for someone to be predicting upsets or stumbles. It should have our first loss listed as tOSU even if that ends up being wrong. And it should not be predicting a let down against NW based on a prior week upset. Basically this is some guys with too much time on their hands in the off season throwing darts.

On 5/19/2019 at 2:35 PM, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I dont see why we couldnt beat Ohio state.  Came pretty close last year.  I think we will be better on both sides of the ball.  Should be faster as well.  Also if the team is undefeated going in to ohio state and wins I dont see it as a blow your load situation and then lose to Northwestern.  I would assume the team at that point realizes the type of season that could be ahead of them if they beat the buckeyes 

Joe Bauserman have any eligibility left?

On 5/19/2019 at 9:42 PM, Decoy73 said:

They haven't faced a Frost led Husker squad in Lincoln yet.  Last year in Evanston, our discipline problem wasn't cleaned up yet (stupid penalties, poor technique).  Plus NW had zero penalties CALLED on them the whole game, which having attended the game I still maintain was a bunch of B.S.  

I fully support Frost and think he’s a very good coach and we are going to win a lot of games with him. 

That said, last year’s northwester loss is partly on him with his decisions at the end of the game. 

• Plus1 1
17 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I fully support Frost and think he’s a very good coach and we are going to win a lot of games with him. 

That said, last year’s northwester loss is partly on him with his decisions at the end of the game. 

Yes, and he and his staff will have a bit of a learning curve for the B1G conference. I'm guessing they have already progressed in that area even more than the team has. I think it's unlikely coaching decisions will cost us any games going forward 

4 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Yes, and he and his staff will have a bit of a learning curve for the B1G conference. I'm guessing they have already progressed in that area even more than the team has. I think it's unlikely coaching decisions will cost us any games going forward 

I agree. But no coach is perfect. 

I said that mors to point out the fact that, even with all the mistakes and undisciplined play, we could/should have won that game.....on the road. 

Right now, we should be favored over northwestern in Lincoln. 

56 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

That was a factor.  The feeling I had during the game that day was that we had no business losing, but still managed a way to do just enough to get another L. The officiating didn’t help, but the Huskers hurt themselves too many times.  

I desperately need a W over NW this season to help me get over experiencing the NW student section chanting “O and six” at us while we were leaving our seats. 

22 hours ago, Landlord said:

I don't see them as all that lucky at all, especially against us. Wisconsin's had just as many close 'lucky' wins against us but without the counterpoints of close losses as well.

"Lucky" might not be quite the right word.

But we have completely out-played them in almost every game. So the fact that the series has been pretty even is much more about us beating ourselves than them beating us.

So I can see how some would say they have been lucky to beat us.

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, Mavric said:

But we have completely out-played them in almost every game. So the fact that the series has been pretty even is much more about us beating ourselves than them beating us.

I would pretty much agree with that assessment. If anything I think we've been the lucky ones to escape with some of the wins we have considering our own sloppy play.

I mean we won one of the games on a hail mary for crying out loud. That has to count as like one million luck points.

8 hours ago, Mavric said:

Probably a more accurate way to put it.

7 hours ago, Landlord said:

If anything I think we've been the lucky ones to escape with some of the wins we have considering our own sloppy play.

I mean kind of.  But as mentioned, we have outplayed them in most every game.  So they are luckier we continue to shoot ourselves in the foot.

Really it's just that Fitzgerald makes up for lack of star power with disciplined prowess.  He catches teams on bad days and capitalizes.  He's a really good coach, I hate him.  But once we start playing disciplined too, they won't even touch us.  I'd bet that starts this year.