Predicted First Loss for Each B1G Team

After 7 years of undisciplined play and sometimes players afraid to be out of position, then three years of rainbows and sprinkles and players not being invested, I think the culture change will show that the Huskers are better across the board and we won't be talking about Northwestern getting lucky...we should've won last year FFS

I do think Pat F is a good coach and LOVE it when we come out on top

• Plus1 2

15 hours ago, Mavric said:

"Lucky" might not be quite the right word.

It may be over the course of all of Northwestern’s games. Nobody wins as many close games as they do, nor plays in as many. Below are two articles, written 3 years apart, that could be talking about the same season. It’s absolutely uncanny that their win totals keep so drastically misaligning with their performance. That’s the product of so many coin flip games, obviously, but for it to go on for so long is statistically incredible.

https://www.insidenu.com/2015/11/17/9748068/northwestern-football-luck-advanced-stats-second-order-wins-win-expectancy

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/11/13/18090448/northwestern-big-ten-championship-west-division

• Plus1 1
On 5/19/2019 at 2:47 PM, Scarlet Overkill said:

Not sure I agree with anything in the article, but I do like that they think we give two teams (tOSU and MN) their first loss.

As a Minnesota fan, I'm looking forward to that October 12th game. The Huskers smoked us last year, but the way the Gophers finished the season - beat-downs over Purdue and Wisconsin and Georgia Tech - has everyone cautiously confident.

Minnesota has a lot of returning talent, especially on offense. I suspect the game will high scoring and wide open. Should be fun.

• Fire 1