** 2019 Opponent Previews : Wisconsin (Game 10) **

6 minutes ago, Husker Poyer said:

Wisconsin is playing amazing right now, but I still think they're beatable.  Michigan had some of the worst QB play I'd ever seen that game.  I'd like for someone to load up the box, stop Taylor and make their QB beat them.  He might have it in him, but it seems like they're a very one dimensional football team.

Michigan's defense also looked like they have never played football. 

• Plus1 1

The hard part about "stacking the box" against Wisconsin is how well their linemen release from their first block, shove their opposing D-lineman out of the way, and step into the next level to chip a linebacker. 

Your defensive linemen have to shift/twist and your linebackers have to stay home and not just get lost in the fray. 

Michigan looked terrible in this regard on Saturday.

6 minutes ago, Undone said:

The hard part about "stacking the box" against Wisconsin is how well their linemen release from their first block, shove their opposing D-lineman out of the way, and step into the next level to chip a linebacker. 

Your defensive linemen have to shift/twist and your linebackers have to stay home and not just get lost in the fray. 

Michigan looked terrible in this regard on Saturday.

Michigan looked terrible at about every aspect of football on Saturday.  

Wisconsin just might have made Michigan quit on the season.  Urb said it best after the game...Jim needs to get the team into a meeting right when the got back and has to say "WE have to fix, how do WE fix this" if Jim says "YOU" at all...the team will be done.  I agree.

You are looking at a team that could not lose to Iowa, OSU, MSU and PSU...and the OSU game could be a 30 point loss.  

Or...

Jim can turn it around and they make a run.  But it sure looks like they could be done...heck they are one play away from losing at home to Army...

• 2 weeks later...

1 minute ago, Undone said:

Wisconsin has Michigan State at home this Saturday at 2:30. No doubt that Michigan State will make this one ugly.

I'm going to call an upset and predict that the Spartans win this one 23-20.

I could definitely see it. Michigan State is similar to NW but better on both sides of the ball, and if NW doesn't give away 14 points that was a close game.