David Wingett

5 minutes ago, Bigred_inSD said:

Left Memphis and is now at SDSU.   Not saying Nebraska got out recruited here but is the class full and Fred couldn't take him? Either way this is a huge get for the Jacks

You are joking right?

Please tell me you are joking.

No... You honestly believe Nebraska got "out recruited" on this one?

Ooooo boy.

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, Minnesota_husker said:

You are joking right?

Please tell me you are joking.

No... You honestly believe Nebraska got "out recruited" on this one?

Ooooo boy.

No.  That's exactly what I'm not saying.   Was Nebraska full? Did they not pursue him.   I'm curious.   

29 minutes ago, Bigred_inSD said:

No.  That's exactly what I'm not saying.   Was Nebraska full? Did they not pursue him.   I'm curious.   

Looking at his stats: 4 games played, averaged 5.8 minutes per game, 1/10 FG's, 0/8 from 3, 2 total points and 2 total fouls.

Does that sound like a prized transfer Hoiberg would covet?

I wish him the best at SDSU.

If you are even a fringe B1G level player he wouldn't have ended up in the Summit League.  If you want to say UNO or some Valley team like Drake got out recruited sure then that may be the case.

Anyways hes a local hero and had a big crowd when Memphis played Creighton in the NIT, even though he couldn't play.  I am sure he is excited to be playing closer to home and for SDSU which is a good program at their level.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Bigred_inSD said:

Left Memphis and is now at SDSU.   Not saying Nebraska got out recruited here but is the class full and Fred couldn't take him? Either way this is a huge get for the Jacks

I'm sorry, but he wasn't good enough for Miles, let alone Hoiberg. He should thrive at SDSU, though. 

17 hours ago, Bigred_inSD said:

Yes we are full.

Even if we werent full, Fred wasnt going to waste a scholarship on David. 

There is a reason he ended up at a school like SDSU. I hope he goes there and does well and can stay healthy. 

I was reacting to the question if we were "out-recruited". 

• Plus1 2