** 2019 Husker Previews: Athlon - #17 Nebraska Preview & Prediction ** **

Nebraska Football: 2019 Cornhuskers Season Preview and Prediction

Nebraska might've been the most respected 4–8 team in the country at the end of 2018, even though Scott Frost's first season as head coach produced the same record as Mike Riley's last. The Huskers lost their first six games but held together for a competitive finish that included a 36–31 loss at Ohio State and a 9–6 victory against Michigan State. Similarly surprising given the record, perhaps, is the inclusion of sophomore quarterback Adrian Martinez's name in discussion regarding the 2019 Heisman Trophy.

The optimism that followed the arrival of Frost and staff, following a 13–0 season and dramatic turnaround at UCF, remains despite last season’s struggles.

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/nebraska-football-cornhuskers-prediction-preview-2019

vor80rt.jpg

• Plus1 1

• 2 weeks later...

20. Nebraska Huskers

247Sports take: Everyone's favorite team during the offseason (admittedly, even my own), Scott Frost's Huskers are the sexy pick to make noise in the Big Ten as a potential darkhorse, due in large part to improvements made over the second half of last season and quarterback Adrian Martinez. Remember the name Wandale Robinson, one of five four-stars the Huskers signed in the 2019 cycle, according to the 247Sports Composite. A 5-foot-9 speedster rated as the No. 2 overall prospect out of Kentucky, Robinson has the play-making look to him reminiscent of the speed guys that Frost developed at UCF (who are still running past AAC defenses). He'll be an instant impact guy and a difference-maker in the Big Ten.

Winning the West this year has a lot to do also with Iowa & Wisconsin both playing two & three tough games for their cross-divisional match-ups, respectively. Iowa plays Michigan & Penn State. Wisconsin plays Michigan, Michigan State, and Ohio State.

Wisconsin in my opinion has incredibly low odds of winning the West this season.

I do think Athlon has it correct with us & Iowa fighting for the West title. If we beat them, I predict they'll have four conference losses and we'll have three, and we'll be the ones going to Indy.

• Plus1 1