Moos Contemplates Bringing Alcohol To Memorial Stadium

On 6/8/2019 at 11:07 AM, Moiraine said:

I think there's usually a tinge of anger in the loudest crowds. You gotta want to beat the other team's asses to get to the highest volume

+1 I was fired up for Miami in '14 and that was as loud as I've heard the old place.  People got more angry as the game went on. 

4 minutes ago, runningblind said:

+1 I was fired up for Miami in '14 and that was as loud as I've heard the old place.  People got more angry as the game went on. 

I didn't go, even though I lived nearby at the time, and that was the only game in the time that I lived there where I could hear the crowd at my apt. Also, the TV was on a bit of a delay, so I always knew when something big was about to happen.

9 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I didn't go, even though I lived nearby at the time, and that was the only game in the time that I lived there where I could hear the crowd at my apt. Also, the TV was on a bit of a delay, so I always knew when something big was about to happen.

We were in Lot 7 tailgating and watching it on the TV at our tailgate...that delay was so annoying!

Not so fast my friends,

There may be a problem lurking in the future.

A news report of a July 2 fire destroyed a JIM BEAM warehouse.  The loss from fire included 45000 barrels (approximately 53 gallons each) of bourbon.

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

Then again, a Jim Beam rep states that 45000 barrels is less than 1% of their inventory.

https://news.yahoo.com/fire-destroys-jim-beam-warehouse-153419015.html

12 hours ago, Old Nebraska Guy said:

Not so fast my friends,

There may be a problem lurking in the future.

A news report of a July 2 fire destroyed a JIM BEAM warehouse.  The loss from fire included 45000 barrels (approximately 53 gallons each) of bourbon.

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

Then again, a Jim Beam rep states that 45000 barrels is less than 1% of their inventory.

https://news.yahoo.com/fire-destroys-jim-beam-warehouse-153419015.html

July 2, 2019 - a day that will live in infamy.

• 2 weeks later...

It hasn't been there already?

My parents once talked about how they brought a Thermos of a mix of Hot Chocolate and Peppermint Schnapps to a Cold Raining Nebraska game. 

Just recently at this years Spring game, a security guard found a few bottles of the shot size rum at the end of a row.  I'm sure someone added it to their Pop from the concessions. 

If they allow beer, they'll need more security to check the isles for fans that have had too much and picking fights.

3 hours ago, cornhuskers4ever said:

It hasn't been there already?

My parents once talked about how they brought a Thermos of a mix of Hot Chocolate and Peppermint Schnapps to a Cold Raining Nebraska game. 

Just recently at this years Spring game, a security guard found a few bottles of the shot size rum at the end of a row.  I'm sure someone added it to their Pop from the concessions. 

If they allow beer, they'll need more security to check the isles for fans that have had too much and picking fights.

You kinda argued against your own point here. People are already either getting drunk before the game, bringing alcohol in, or both. Having it in the stadium is more convenient and will generate more revenue (although the bars might take a bit of a hit).

• 1 month later...

I thought the CWS beer sales would cause problems and I haven't seen any.  Most NU fans already have a good buzz going in there--I also go out at half and drink so the game is my sober time.  I like that.  Beer at Memorial absolutely will happen.  I doubt they will sell it in the stands...those kids working there work very hard.  I hate to see them get sidelined by beer sales.