Sign in to follow this  
seaofred92

2019-20 Schedule Announcements

1 hour ago, seaofred92 said:

They were 10-23, 8th in the Big West last year.  Only lost two players to graduation & ESPN doesn't seem to have anything on transfers (in or out).

• Plus1 1

11 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

BACK

They were 7-25 last year and had EIGHT seniors.  This will be a VERY bad team.

5 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

No Gavitt Games For Nebraska this year

I think this is a good idea that NU skips the Gavitt Games this upcoming season.  With the roster turnover, I think a softer non-conference schedule to enable Hoiberg to play around with lineups will be good for the team.  I don't have any expectations for the 2019-20 team anyway.

• Plus1 1

Did they go through the NCAA list of teams and find all of them that have "South" as part of the school's name?  Southern, South Dakota State, Southern Utah...

Maybe they should contact Charleston Southern, Georgia Southern, South Dakota, South Alabama, South Carolina, South Carolina State, South Florida, Southeast Missouri State, Southeast Louisiana, Southern Illinois, Southern Mississippi & Texas Southern.

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

Duke @ Michigan State? Things just got real interesting at our house! 

I mean realistically the best team on the non-conference schedule is one of Creighton, USF, or New Mexico State, and there is no guarantee we play either of the latter. I’m pretty disappointed to be honest but I get it given how new the team’s roster is

9 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

I mean realistically the best team on the non-conference schedule is one of Creighton, USF, or New Mexico State, and there is no guarantee we play either of the latter. I’m pretty disappointed to be honest but I get it given how new the team’s roster is

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, seaofred92 said:

I gotta be honest- this is softer than a Kansas State football non-conference schedule under Bill Snyder

• Plus1 1

The home schedule is pretty blah.  As has been stated, I'm sure they went pretty easy for the first year, especially with so many new faces.  

They were obviously planning for the B1G/ACC game to be at home and that got switched on them.  Having both that game and Creighton on the road messes things up a bit.  And being out of the Gavett (sp?) games rotation this year makes a difference.

Not great but I understand it for this year.  Hopefully it improves going forward.