** 2019 Opponent Previews : Ohio State (Game 5) **

I think a lot of this game will be how Fields responds to pressure. If Nebraska can keep things in front of them, Fields has never been under pressure to perform outside of a couple of carries in the SEC title game last year. All his other time has essentially been in blowouts where the game was decided quickly and he is able to ride the wave.

If Fields can handle the pressure, this probably gets ugly for Nebraska and if he has some struggles, this might not be the tsunami most people expect. 

***Or Dobbins bails him out and OSU runs for 300+ yards, whatever.

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, BigRedN said:

I like your points.  However, to keep it to 10-17 points we would have to play fundamental football, not turn the ball over, stop missing assignments, limit the penalties.  Basically, we have to be the team we have not been to this point.

Still see a 35 point loss here.  

Outside if the Michigan game last year that hasn't really happened under frost. I don't see them quiting like they used to under riley. I would be disappointed if they lost by more than 24ish.

• Plus1 1

5 hours ago, BigRedN said:

I like your points.  However, to keep it to 10-17 points we would have to play fundamental football, not turn the ball over, stop missing assignments, limit the penalties.  Basically, we have to be the team we have not been to this point.

Still see a 35 point loss here.  

We only had one turnover and one penalty vs NIU so the team can do it. 

1 hour ago, LumberJackSker said:

Outside if the Michigan game last year that hasn't really happened under frost. I don't see them quiting like they used to under riley. I would be disappointed if they lost by more than 24ish.

Yup I agree with this. In addition, in the last 11 games we haven't lost by more than 5 which was against tOSU last year. 

• Plus1 1
12 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Let's not kid ourselves.  It was more than just "Riley teams".  This goes back to the Callahan era and all the way through Bo and Riley.

Now, I agree with your first statement.  I don't think we are going to get embarrassed like some think.  Frost is instilling the right attitude, he knows how to stay calm and coach in games like this, the team follows his lead.

GBR!!!

And the Michigan game last year.

However, I talked to my brother and he's convinced it's going to be a tight game that's decided on the last drive. Dammit! Between him and you guys, I'm starting to think we might have a decent chance.

6 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

People giving up?

That's funny!

I think our team will give great effort.  I also believe our team will get in its own way and defeat itself.  

It is a forum ... where one is free to state an opinion or view of what we think or feel will happen.  It has nothing to do with "giving up."

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

32 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

Well of course  ... couldn't agree more.  I will add ... sound, fundamental football and Frost has to be the better coach.

That's the key. Frost didn't win at UCF based on talent alone, and he didn't beat Auburn because of superior talent. He coached up his team throughout the season and was the better coach on gameday, regardless of the talent level. That's why we hired Frost, and that is the coach we need to see on Saturday. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
10 hours ago, RedDenver said:

And the Michigan game last year.

However, I talked to my brother and he's convinced it's going to be a tight game that's decided on the last drive. Dammit! Between him and you guys, I'm starting to think we might have a decent chance.

The Michigan game has been the only game of Frosts tenure that didn't feel competetive at all. We were still finding ourselves and Adrian was hurt. I don't expect to see another game like that under Frost.

• Plus1 1