** 2019 Opponent Previews : Ohio State (Game 5) **

8 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

DiCaprio Bootle was an all B1G selection as well..NFL looking at him too?  Just being an all B1G selection and a subway token will get you on the subway.

I don't worry about what happened last year...I look at stats this year. 

Ummm...ok. He is going to be a first round pick with many projecting him going in the top 5. 

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, Hilltop said:

Agreed... ***IF he can stay healthy.  

I'm not even sure how much that matters. Bosa was injured and sat out to recover, and the NFL didn't care much. Obviously depends on the injury, but he's a stud.

I'm hoping this is a game where the tackles hold their own to some degree and get a huge confidence boost. Young will make plays, but even winning a few matchups would have Jaimes and Farniok believing they can block anyone. 

52 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

I'm not saying he isn't.  I said that he put up GREAT NUMBERS versus poor competition.  I said if he puts up those same numbers versus B1G, then the attention is justified.

He led the team in sacks and tackles for loss in the last 4 games of last year for OSU which do count imo and that included wins over Maryland, Northwestern, #4 Michigan (All B1G teams obv) and #9 Washington.  I think it's safe to say the attention is justified.

Couple random thoughts on this matchup:

In my opinion, our defense got revamped to be better against the run over the offseason. I think Dobbins is averaging something like 7.1 YPC (might need to check that), and if that's accurate, that's pretty crazy. So it's nice to know that our improved run defense can match up well there.

The problem though is having your linebackers staying put in run fit and them going play action. When they go four wide it's going to be interesting to see what we do. Will JoJo be a nickelback that mans up 1-on-1 with a wideout while we keep Talor-Tritt deep to defend against the deep play? Going to be interesting.

What I like about this game is that our team seems to be in excellent shape. So if it's close in the 4th quarter I think we can hang around.

1 hour ago, BlitzFirst said:

I'm not saying he isn't.  I said that he put up GREAT NUMBERS versus poor competition.  I said if he puts up those same numbers versus B1G, then the attention is justified.

He will get attention from scouts whether he puts numbers up or not because he plays great and that shows on film. He will continue to put up numbers because of that too.