Fighting Erstads at the B1G Tournament - Championship Game vs. Ohio State

The immutable laws of mathematics should dictate an OCCASIONAL call going our way!

However, when hitters are ZERO for the game with runners in scoring position...it's hard to use the Umps as an excuse. So many of our strikeouts

are by LOOKING, you'd think the coaches would be basically reminding them we've got plenty of Lookers...if you want to participate....Be Agressive!

They grind with other aspects of the game, and congrats to reaching the championship game, but it's frustrating to watch them go down with the bat on the shoulder so many times.

• Plus1 1
20 minutes ago, unl123 said:

No hitters. Zero power. Typical Nebraska sports loss 

19 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Good tourney, but 3 SO to end the game shows our teams main issue.  We need a hitting cosch.

Over the previous 11 games (before today), we averaged 6.9 runs per game which would have been roughly Top 15 among Power 5 schools over the season.

BUT LOOK AT THIS ONE GAME THE REINFORCES MY NARRATIVE!!!!

• Plus1 1

The upside to this loss is that it likely knocked Michigan out of the NCAA Tourney. The B1G is getting four teams in: Indiana, Illinois, Nebraska, and Ohio State. I doubt we’ll get five, and Michigan is the first to get cut.

Regardless, this loss underscores the need for a hitting coach replacement. The lack of patience at the plate today, coupled with the lack of power and copious amounts of strikeouts underscores this. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Mavric said:

Over the previous 11 games (before today), we averaged 6.9 runs per game which would have been roughly Top 15 among Power 5 schools over the season.

A lot of our runs in this tourney came not through our efforts, but through gifts of walks by the opponents

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, Mavric said:

We were given 13 or 14 free passes against Michigan.  As I have been saying, since bolt left our hitting numbers have gone down every year with this being the worse.

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, HuskersNC949597 said:

Never mind that as of 5/24 Nebraska ranked 201st in the nation in team batting average (.259), 213th in slugging % (.367), 179th in runs, etc. etc.

How many of those teams couldn't practice outside for the first month of the season and got to take BP before one of their first 20ish games?  And had several games against lesser opponents - where they boost their numbers - cancelled?

• Plus1 1
34 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Which is one run a game more than our average over the season, which was squarely at 128th in the country. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Mavric said:

I don't really expect this in baseball but this  reminded me of volleyball.  Can we not afford high-speed cameras with our $50M+ B1G dollars so you can actually see these things clearly?

I said the same thing as soon as they started showing the replay.  It would not be overturned because they use such low definition cameras.  There was no way to prove anything conclusively.