Husker in #9 Oklahoma State's Region - Plays UConn

1 hour ago, hskrfan4life said:

This is a winnable regional. But we will need this title to be updated @Mavric ;)

I saw this thread as more of an announcement of the region and opponent.  I'm thinking a separate game thread is in order.  Feel free if you like or I'll make one later in the week.

• Plus1 1

I checked the UConn local papers and thought this was interesting. As noted above, given how we are against left-handers (Feole), I wouldn't mind this one bit.

"Penders said Nebraska (31-22) doesnt run a whole lot and, like UConn, its biggest strength is its pitching staff. Penders is debating whether to start staff ace and potential high MLB draft pick Mason Feole on Friday against Nebraska, or hold him off for Game Two."

Full article:

https://www.nhregister.com/uconn/article/UConn-baseball-team-will-face-Nebraska-in-13899207.php

• Plus1 2

14 hours ago, Huskball said:

I checked the UConn local papers and thought this was interesting. As noted above, given how we are against left-handers (Feole), I wouldn't mind this one bit.

"Penders said Nebraska (31-22) doesnt run a whole lot and, like UConn, its biggest strength is its pitching staff. Penders is debating whether to start staff ace and potential high MLB draft pick Mason Feole on Friday against Nebraska, or hold him off for Game Two."

Full article:

https://www.nhregister.com/uconn/article/UConn-baseball-team-will-face-Nebraska-in-13899207.php

Save Feole for Game 2! Where do I sign the petition!?

• Plus1 1
21 hours ago, Huskball said:

Full article:

40 minutes ago, Big red surfers said:

Living out here in the middle of nowhere it’s hard keeping up with the little stuff. Were they supposed to make the regionals or was this sorta of a surprise?  I know the rpi was good. 

Kind of back and forth.  At the mid-point of the season, we seemed to be looking good.  Then we went through a rough patch and might have been on the outside looking in.  But then winning series against Arizona State and Michigan had most people thinking we had a spot in the field.

• Fire 1

@Mavric Sorry--the tweet had Oklahoma State colors so I instinctively thought it was insignificant. My apologies. 

And $80-120 per ticket seems a bit high. Something tells me that T. Boones Farms Pickens is going to subsidize the Okie Lite fans picking up tickets like he subsidizes that whole university. 

14 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

Will OKC about an hour away from Stillwater, I would imagine tickets will be aplenty and prices should be about as low as it gets. 

Is $80-120 per ticket low for an all-session ticket? Seems a bit pricey...

• Plus1 2