Huskers Hosting Transfer TE Travis Vokolek

1 hour ago, Ziebol said:

I feel like I am in the minority of actually liking this move.

I have absolutely nothing to go on to be excited or not about this....other than Frost obviously wanted him on the team.  So, I'll take that as Frost thinking he can contribute to making the team better.  So....WELCOME!!!!

1 hour ago, Scarlet Overkill said:

I don’t think anyone DISlikes it but do find it a little questionable since we have depth at that position and lack it at other spots.  Eeeether, EYEther - welcome aboard, Travis!

Agreed, would rather have had a LB come in, but this kid is pretty good and put up better numbers than Rafdal and Allen combined did last year on that dumpster fire of a Rutgers team. I think it’s a solid pickup and how Frost utilized his TE in 2017 it makes sense why they want a guy like him. Plus 247 is hinting he may be a blue shirt.

I was under the impression that we might still look for a linebacker transfer as we had spots open.  But apparently that's not the case.

While we still have three scholarships available, we have now reached our hard cap of 30 new scholarship players for this cycle which counts transfers into that number.  I knew there were some limits on that but I didn't realize they are now counting transfers into that number.

So we are what we are for this year.  I'm sure three walk-ons will get the available scholarships but we won't be adding anyone else.

• Plus1 2
  • Mavric changed the title to Huskers Hosting Transfer TE Travis Vokolek