Just a thought for the BIG 10 tourney

As you either watch in person or on TV the crowds when home teams are NOT playing are atrocious!

Why not let folks in free or with $1 tickets? You can at least generate some folks to come watch the games.

You still get the parking fees, concessions and such.

WIth no one their you are making nothing and have to be losing money, make it a fun atomsphere. Maybe after a couple of years of this you can start raising the admission.

Helps out the bars and restaurants in North downtown as well.

Nothing worse that watching a football bowl game or baseball conference tournament with so many empty seats.

• Plus1 1

10 hours ago, rdwoodpecker said:

As you either watch in person or on TV the crowds when home teams are NOT playing are atrocious!

Why not let folks in free or with $1 tickets? You can at least generate some folks to come watch the games.

You still get the parking fees, concessions and such.

WIth no one their you are making nothing and have to be losing money, make it a fun atomsphere. Maybe after a couple of years of this you can start raising the admission.

Helps out the bars and restaurants in North downtown as well.

Nothing worse that watching a football bowl game or baseball conference tournament with so many empty seats.

I agree, I do wonder though, is the price of the ticket the factor at all?  I feel like I am not going to see Minny vs OSU for 1 dollar.

Maybe take it a step further...for those lame games go ahead and contact local HS coaches and little league coaches.  Tell them to come in their uniform, get in for free and before the game they can stand in the outfield and be recognized, something like that.

• Plus1 1