Fighting Erstad's at the Oklahoma City Regional - vs. UConn

33 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

Betting line makes no sense...Nebraska opened at pick 'em and is now favored -200.  I get that college baseball is swingy and weird but no way should NU be favored by that much with UConn throwing their lefty.

On 5/28/2019 at 9:44 AM, hskrfan4life said:

#3 Nebraska Cornhuskers (31-22, 15-9) vs. #2 Connecticut Huskies (36-23, 12-12)

Nate Fisher (7-3) vs. Mason Feole (3-3)

I would guess it's just because there are more people who would bet on Nebraska than UConn.

But I was also surprised that he's only 3-3 on the season.  For the ace on a staff of a team that has won 36 games, him only having three of them seems a bit odd.

6 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I would guess it's just because there are more people who would bet on Nebraska than UConn.

But I was also surprised that he's only 3-3 on the season.  For the ace on a staff of a team that has won 36 games, him only having three of them seems a bit odd.

Yeah it looks like he was getting stretched out in the first part of the year and didn't throw long enough in his first 3 starts to qualify.  UConn is 9-4 in games he's started so I guess they have that going for them.  He's thrown 72 innings on the year which is 6 less than Fisher so nothing too weird there.  Waldron has thrown 92 2/3 for comparison sake.

• Plus1 2

Feole's ERA also wasn't exactly what I expected from a staff ace and high level draft prospect. I don't know if the ACC offenses were really potent or what but 3.5 is somewhat pedestrian.

Listening to the pregame Palkert said the older guys are really frustrated with hearing about their postseason struggles. Hopefully we come out with plenty of juice.

• Mavric changed the title to Fighting Erstad's at the Oklahoma City Regional - vs. UConn