QB Peter Costelli [Utah - Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

20 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Costelli commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

Costelli played his sophomore year at Santa Margarita (Calif.) this past season before transferring in to Mission Viejo in the off-season. He had a solid season throwing for 2,292 yards and 20 touchdowns and should really flourish at Mission Viejo playing for Diablo head coach Chad Johnson. Costelli played his freshman year at St. John Bosco when Johnson was the OC/QB coach and is already very familiar with his system and coaching style.

We always knew Costelli was a good athlete for a quarterback but his performances on the track this spring has really opened some eyes. He had never run track before this season and didn’t even have track spikes for his first race, where he ran an 11.78-100m.

Costelli has gotten progressively faster every time out and he clocked a 10.82 this past weekend in the CIF Div 2 prelims to qualify for this weekend’s finals. He also runs on the schools 4X100m relay team and it will be fun to see how Johnson uses his ability to run zone-read in the Diablos offense this season.

• Plus1 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Nebraska Recruiting: 2021 QB Peter Costelli's Great First Trip to Lincoln

Costelli said that the trip to Nebraska was great because he was able to meet the coaches and see the facilities and campus. It sounds like he got the full tour as well.  

“We got go check out campus and the facilities,” Costelli said. “It was the BBQ and Friday Night Lights so we got to meet with the coaches, go through the facility. Then I got the chance to throw for Coach [Scott] Frost and Coach [Mario] Verduzco. Then we were able to see the campus and check out how that was. Then we just kind of hung out.”

“My mom and my dad came with me,” he said. “They thought it was great too. Everything was really good about Nebraska.”

“I’m looking for a great relationship with the coaches and the overall fit in the school itself,” he said. “I’m looking for a great fit.”

• Plus1 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Took recent visits to LSU and Utah in addition to his visit here.  Definitely spoke most highly about his Nebraska visit - to a non-Nebraska interviewer which I put more stock in.

Visiting Stanford and Oregon later this month.

Not planning to commit this summer.  Planning to take some OVs after this season.

• Haha 1
  • Mavric changed the title to QB Peter Costelli [Utah - Signed LOI]