** 2019 Opponent Previews : Northwestern (Game 6) **

30 minutes ago, Igetbored216 said:

So, since the talk is about how bad Northwestern's offense is, should I assume Northwestern will look like they have an amazing offense this Saturday? 

Yes. 

Their offense sucks and doesn’t have playmakers, but Chin is Chin. Plus, someone on offense and/special teams will do something stupid to give NW more chances to score. I am hoping NU gives NW multiple looks from the lbs and brings guys from all over to pressure the Qb.  Play tight coverage. 

11 minutes ago, KCBuc said:

Yes. 

Their offense sucks and doesn’t have playmakers, but Chin is Chin. Plus, someone on offense and/special teams will do something stupid to give NW more chances to score. I am hoping NU gives NW multiple looks from the lbs and brings guys from all over to pressure the Qb.  Play tight coverage. 

Ya dang Chin being Chin and improving last years defense from where it was in 2017 and improving this years defense from last year. That's the worst.

• Plus1 6
On 10/1/2019 at 2:17 PM, WyoHusker56 said:

Ya dang Chin being Chin and improving last years defense from where it was in 2017 and improving this years defense from last year. That's the worst.

His defense gives up lots of points. Hard to fall off the floor. 

• Plus1 1

On 10/1/2019 at 1:25 PM, Igetbored216 said:

So, since the talk is about how bad Northwestern's offense is, should I assume Northwestern will look like they have an amazing offense this Saturday? 

yeah probably.  remember when thorson was a freshman and it was supposed to be a cake walk but he ran all over the place?

i wish we couldve seen tj green.  i watched him a little when thorson was out last year and he sucked.

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, onlyHskrfaninIL said:

yeah probably.  remember when thorson was a freshman and it was supposed to be a cake walk but he ran all over the place?

i wish we couldve seen tj green.  i watched him a little when thorson was out last year and he sucked.

All 3 of their qbs have sucked, I just hope we don't make them look good. The 3rd stringer looked the best, but Wisconsin was letting him have some throws to avoid a big play. 

13 hours ago, KCBuc said:

His defense gives up lots of points. Hard to fall off the floor. 

Hard not to when the offense they are going against is regularly starting in our territory. We will look elite on D this week. We aren't, but we will look it. Our speed defensively is too much for them and we can stuff the run pretty well against less talented teams.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Nebfanatic said:

Hard not to when the offense they are going against is regularly starting in our territory. We will look elite on D this week. We aren't, but we will look it. Our speed defensively is too much for them and we can stuff the run pretty well against less talented teams.

Go to the top of the page as I said that the offense/sp teams will make dumb mistakes/turnovers. I wouldn’t bet on NU looking elite (in any phase of the game) any time soon. NW will put points on the board and plays smart (unless their coach has another epic brain fart like he did against Wisky). They are fundamentally sound and tackle well. Something Chin’s defense struggles with. I do hope your right and NU shuts them down! 

22 minutes ago, KCBuc said:

Go to the top of the page as I said that the offense/sp teams will make dumb mistakes/turnovers. I wouldn’t bet on NU looking elite (in any phase of the game) any time soon. NW will put points on the board and plays smart (unless their coach has another epic brain fart like he did against Wisky). They are fundamentally sound and tackle well. Something Chin’s defense struggles with. I do hope your right and NU shuts them down! 

There is a huge market for that crystal ball of yours. It's one thing to say we effed up after we've actually effed up but it's pretty annoying when you state matter of factly that we will eff up before it happens. Just an FYI, proceed as you see fit.

6 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

There is a huge market for that crystal ball of yours. It's one thing to say we effed up after we've actually effed up but it's pretty annoying when you state matter of factly that we will eff up before it happens. Just an FYI, proceed as you see fit.

This team has consistently effed up this year. They are good for two to three turnovers a game, and penalties at the worst time. Maybe he or she is just basing it off this team's trend? 

• Plus1 2
40 minutes ago, KCBuc said:

We have already looked elite on defense at times. Against bad opponents mind you and that doesn't mean we are an elite defense. We just match up well and dominate certain types of teams defensively which is a step in the right direction. First 3 opponents were held to less than 100 yards rushing. Thats pretty damn good. We break down at times but there are times we really harrass oppossing QBs and make it hard for less talented offenses to move the ball.