Multiple Husker Game Times Announced For 2019 Season

4 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Well the last 5 or 6 years it's been at night...maybe I just hit this when it began. The night games are helpful so I don't have to get my son out of school, but with 11 AM and an 8 hour drive, he's going to miss some classes as Huskers come first!

Someone already posted it - the last three have been. 2018, 2017, and 2016 all had a night game opener.

2015 BYU was 2:30p

2014 FAU was 2:30p

2013 was a night game

2012 Southern Miss was 2:30p

2011 Chattanooga was 2:30p

2010 Western Kentucky was 6:00p

2009 FAU was 6:00p

2008 Western Michigan was 6:00p

Word is BTN gets two early picks in the "draft" and NU/Iowa was one they went after.  They are planning to really make a big deal of the game, bringing their pre-game set to Lincoln and really promoting it (assuming both teams are near the top of the West).

• Plus1 1
53 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

The only bad part about 11am opener is the bulk of the game will most likely be scorching hot... :Fire:

at least with night game or even 2:30 start you get some relief from the heat.

Pretty sure the hottest part of the day is right during a 2:30 kick....

• Plus1 2

On 5/31/2019 at 10:29 AM, DevoHusker said:

The only bad part about 11am opener is the bulk of the game will most likely be scorching hot... :Fire:

at least with night game or even 2:30 start you get some relief from the heat.

The hottest times of the day are typically between 2 PM and 5 PM. The earth’s day is like an oven. It takes a while for the day to heat up with the sun. Yes, the sun is most directly overhead between 11 AM and 2 PM, but it’s not the hottest part of the day. 

6 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

The hottest times of the day are typically between 2 PM and 5 PM. The earth’s day is like an oven. It takes a while for the day to heat up with the sun. Yes, the sun is most directly overhead between 11 AM and 2 PM, but it’s not the hottest part of the day. 

I think on the field it actually is, because the field turf is getting more direct sunlight.  Due to the design of the stadium and the high West side, I think there is less direct sunlight reflecting off the field.  It's easily 10-12 degrees warmer on the field than around it.

Either way, it gets hot in Nebraska in August and September.