JD Spielman Concussion

24 minutes ago, NUinID said:

I was just going to say something similar. It is too bad they stopped showing ARF.  It was a lot of fun to watch.  ESPN's other thing they showed was Big East basketball in the early 80's.  They used to have a Tuesday game of the week.  

I played football from 4th grade through my freshman year of college.  Never had a concussion.  Got my bell rung a couple of times, but for nothing more than a few seconds. I can honestly say I don't think I have ever had one.  Some people are just prone to concussions.  

By today's definition of concussion I'd guess those times you got your "bell rung" were concussions. I have to go through concussion training each year as a ref and it doesn't take much anymore. Even being dazed after a hit is enough that they want them sent off to be evaluated. When I played you had to be unconcious for a concussion and now that's a pretty severe concussion. 

18 hours ago, WyoHusker56 said:

By today's definition of concussion I'd guess those times you got your "bell rung" were concussions. I have to go through concussion training each year as a ref and it doesn't take much anymore. Even being dazed after a hit is enough that they want them sent off to be evaluated. When I played you had to be unconcious for a concussion and now that's a pretty severe concussion. 

I have had concussion training also.  I may have been pulled off the field for evaluation, but I think I would have passed the evaluation.