Fighting Erstad's at the Oklahoma City Regional - vs. UConn (Take Two)

The good news is Eddins isn't throwing against Michigan so I think NU gets a game effort out of him.  With Eddins being a senior I expect that he'll compete his butt off against an UConn team that has been really hitting the past few weeks.  I think it's gonna take 8+ to win this afternoon.  GBR!

We just have the worst luck on batted balls.

Weak grounder to Henwood's right. He can't tag the runner so he throws off balance (still moving to his right) and pulls Gomes off the bag. Next guy bunts runners to 2nd and 3rd.

WOW!!!! Eddins gets a K that Roskam doesn't glove. Roskam looks the runner back to 3rd and throws to 1st to get the out. Gomes guns it back to Eddins at home plate who tags the runner trying to score. They just reviewed it and call stands. Really heads up play by everyone involved.

Out of the inning no damage! Still 2-0 Huskies.

Down 5-1 after 7.  For all the talk about being fighters, they've barely made a whimper today.

I guess at least they won one game this year. Maybe next year they can win two.  Solid group of young guys coming back, just a lot of question marks, especially for starting pitching.

18 minutes ago, HS_Coach_C said:

Down 5-1 after 7.  For all the talk about being fighters, they've barely made a whimper today.

I guess at least they won one game this year. Maybe next year they can win two.  Solid group of young guys coming back, just a lot of question marks, especially for starting pitching.

I mean they are fighters because quite honestly we're not at a point where we're the most talented team in the Big 10, let alone this regional. You have to fight and scrap to win when that's the case. That's Erstad's MO anyway.

They just got their heart ripped out last night and never recovered. Agree with your sentiments. Things are still headed in the right direction.

Perry is probably a weekend starter next year. Probably Palkert as well. Not sure who after that. Honestly if I'm Erstad I'm focused on continuing to stockpile bats so we don't see another day like today or against OSU when we can't hit anything. Position players are more valuable IMO because they play every day. Sounds like we've got at least another blue chip type prospects coming in if we can get them to campus - we'll see if they get drafted this week.