Baseball Coach Search

Husker baseball over the past few years generally opperates at about a $750,000 loss. Bringing in about $1.5M in revenue while spending just under $2.5M in expenses. That is with Erstad making about 1/2 of what he could have had he not been willing to take a hometown discount.

To get a top tier name coach we will need to pay around $800k at minimum. That isn't going to happen unless they estimate doing that will also raise revenue to the point that it's not just a $1M annual loss.

Assuming they are willing to pay to lure them my top 5 in order would be

1. Greg Lovelady

2. Dan Heefner

3. Pat Casey

4. Jeff Duncan

5. Rob Childress

I don't want an assistant. Nebraska ties or not. Right now this program still has the facilities and support to allow a really good coach to dominate this conference... if we make a weak hire now, that may not be the case next time around. The longer we are in the big ten without winning, the harder it will be to do it.

• Plus1 3
On 6/5/2019 at 5:21 PM, Blackshirt316 said:

Husker baseball over the past few years generally opperates at about a $750,000 loss. Bringing in about $1.5M in revenue while spending just under $2.5M in expenses. That is with Erstad making about 1/2 of what he could have had he not been willing to take a hometown discount.

To get a top tier name coach we will need to pay around $800k at minimum. That isn't going to happen unless they estimate doing that will also raise revenue to the point that it's not just a $1M annual loss.

Assuming they are willing to pay to lure them my top 5 in order would be

1. Greg Lovelady

2. Dan Heefner

3. Pat Casey

4. Jeff Duncan

5. Rob Childress

I don't want an assistant. Nebraska ties or not. Right now this program still has the facilities and support to allow a really good coach to dominate this conference... if we make a weak hire now, that may not be the case next time around. The longer we are in the big ten without winning, the harder it will be to do it.

I don't think anyone would realistically consider Bolt a 'weak hire'. Especially if we provide him a pool to bring in capable assistants. 

• Plus1 1

52 minutes ago, jackattack030 said:

Anyone have a subscription to d1 baseball? Kendall Rogers just posted an update. The preview said it would be a huge surprise if Childress got the job. 

I have one.  Where are you seeing the update at?  I was just on the website and didn't see anything.  If you could post a link. I'll give it a read and post some generalities.