Mavric

Baseball Coach Search

5 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

That puts him in the top 4 or 5 in the big 10.

Yeah but that is such an insignificant number when it comes to the department anyway. 

• Plus1 1

On 6/14/2019 at 10:31 PM, teachercd said:

Yeah but that is such an insignificant number when it comes to the department anyway. 

This. Did we just not have articles from Sipple, et al, suggesting we're not competing just against the B1G, but the rest of the country?

I get that Bolt is an unproven commodity as head coach at Div I-A. But that seems low considering what Erstad was making and how he was giving us a discount. 

It just seemed like Moos could have went out and offered 800-1million to just about any top coach, see what they say...then go from there.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

It just seemed like Moos could have went out and offered 800-1million to just about any top coach, see what they say...then go from there.

There are only a handful of baseball coaches that make that much. 

1 hour ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

There are only a handful of baseball coaches that make that much. 

Yeah that is what I mean...NU is printing money...a baseball coach at NU making 750-1,000,000 is not going to hurt the bottom line but a team that makes the CWS is worth its weight in gold.

So 300K for Bolt (And I am not against the hire, I don't care at all who they get) or 800K for "the guy" isn't really that big of an issue for NU.

4 hours ago, teachercd said:

How do you know he didn’t? It is pretty clear that he made a run at Childress. 

• Plus1 1
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, caveman99 said:

How do you know he didn’t? It is pretty clear that he made a run at Childress. 

Because none of the stuff that happens remains a secret.  This stuff all comes out all the time.

3 hours ago, teachercd said:

Yeah that is what I mean...NU is printing money...a baseball coach at NU making 750-1,000,000 is not going to hurt the bottom line but a team that makes the CWS is worth its weight in gold.

So 300K for Bolt (And I am not against the hire, I don't care at all who they get) or 800K for "the guy" isn't really that big of an issue for NU.

Hard to spend that kind of money on a sport that does not pay its own way,  like football,  men's basketball & volleyball. Do you know what the incentives are?  $300k is good pay for a D1 baseball coach, especially if he has good incentive pay.   Pay to produce!

16 hours ago, teachercd said:

Because none of the stuff that happens remains a secret.  This stuff all comes out all the time.

It seems like that.....but that doesn't actually happen all the time.