Mo wash cited for drug paraphernalia

2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Thanks.  So if he is cleared from his issues in California, the only legal strike against him is a minor drug citation.  That's not worthy of being kicked off the team, in my opinion.

This violation isn't nearly as bad as stealing bikes or getting a DUI (which a coach was able to keep his job).

It doesn’t seem likely to me he’s getting cleared of all charges. Just guessing of course. But I assumed he’d stay on the team anyway. But getting caught for something else, even if it’s minor, is a lot worse for him because he already knows he’s under the microscope. It’s foolish. 

By itself I don’t care but he knows what the law is and what the rules are.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Thanks.  So if he is cleared from his issues in California, the only legal strike against him is a minor drug citation.  That's not worthy of being kicked off the team, in my opinion.

This violation isn't nearly as bad as stealing bikes or getting a DUI (which a coach was able to keep his job).

Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

By who?  The gray-hairs in the 50th row of the south stadium?

If it affects his plea deal in California, then it could absolutely affect his standing on the team. 

• Plus1 1
Just now, Cdog923 said:

If it affects his plea deal in California, then it could absolutely affect his standing on the team. 

That's a point, but would a weed charge in Nebraska have any bearing on the District Attorney's office in California and their plea deal there?  Weed is legal in California.

• Plus1 1

Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

That's a point, but would a weed charge in Nebraska have any bearing on the District Attorney's office in California and their plea deal there?  Weed is legal in California.

I'm mainly going off Jack Mitchell's timeline on Twitter ATM: 

It is so frustrating to see him make a decision like this. I said when he signed that Maurice was going to be one of those kids that had to be micromanaged from the start. I know they purposely roomed him with Cam Taylor because Cam is mature and a terrific role model for Maurice, but It appears that Maurice is self-destructive when he is alone.  

No matter how legal weed is in CA, you do not put yourself in these situations, especially when you have a serious case looming over your head. Maurice could not afford to have anything like this happen, because he already has a lot of character issues. Having worked in the Long Beach area, this is unfortunately a cultural thing. I don't want to go too much into that, but you can tell these kids that weed will get you kicked out, and it just doesn't process. I can't tell you how many kids I have cussed out for being so weak in that regard. 

It's ironic that HCSF already has a "Lawrence Phillips" situation on his hands. Maurice is that kind of talent, and he also has similar character flaws. To many, that might be a stretch, but I can assure you it's not. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
2 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

I’ve always thought the Cali charges were kind of a joke.

That being said, a potential character flaw is being exposed if this latest situation pans out.   If he makes it through this, which I think he will (3 game suspension), I doubt he makes it to 2020 on the roster.

He’s a transfer in waiting in my opinion.

At the risk of reliving the old MW thread, I don't. 

These charges, in a vacuum, aren't anything. Run some stadium steps, maybe a couple dickbusters, and be done with it. On top of the issues he has in Cali, I think his tenure on the team is certainly in limbo. 

• Plus1 2

5 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

It is so frustrating to see him make a decision like this. I said when he signed that Maurice was going to be one of those kids that had to be micromanaged from the start. I know they purposely roomed him with Cam Taylor because Cam is mature and a terrific role model for Maurice, but It appears that Maurice is self-destructive when he is alone.  

No matter how legal weed is in CA, you do not put yourself in these situations, especially when you have a serious case looming over your head. Maurice could not afford to have anything like this happen, because he already has a lot of character issues. Having worked in the Long Beach area, this is unfortunately a cultural thing. I don't want to go too much into that, but you can tell these kids that weed will get you kicked out, and it just doesn't process. I can't tell you how many kids I have cussed out for being so weak in that regard. 

It's ironic that HCSF already has a "Lawrence Phillips" situation on his hands. Maurice is that kind of talent, and he also has similar character flaws. To many, that might be a stretch, but I can assure you it's not. 

Wow, you are comparing LP to Mo?  That's laughable.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Fire 1

As an ex-narcotics agent, less than one ounce of marijuana is an infraction in Nebraska. That is equal to a parking ticket. It isn’t even a misdemeanor. IMO, Frost should kick people off the team for parking tickets if he is going to do it for marijuana use. He could be afraid of the stigma it would put on his program if he doesn’t. If he kicks him off the team  “to prepare the players for the NFL’s rules” , I wouldn’t agree with that because the NFL will allow marijuana use after the next union contract is negotiated. If he kicks him off because no drug use is a team rule, then I am all for it. Be a part of the team and a leader. Just depends on how Frost spins this one on whether most people will agree or not agree with the punishment. 

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1
10 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

What culture are you talking about? Do you mean Black people? Just curious, because most people cite cultural problems when they’re talking about what they think is wrong with Black people.

Phillips dragged a woman by her hair down several flights of stairs. I can assure you it’s a chasm spanning stretch.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Wow, you are comparing LP to Mo?  That's laughable.

I am in terms of behavior. Mo cannot be left alone, and will self-destruct if he is. I am not comparing his charges to the same things that LP did.  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1