Mo wash cited for drug paraphernalia

4 minutes ago, Vegas said:

Going 75 over in a school zone is straight up negligence as compared to doing ten over on the interstate. This why the violation is treated differently. And I don't compleatly disagree with you, we have a young team that I'm not quite sure was held accountable under coach Riley and staff.

If rules are rules and laws are laws going 10 over on the interstate isn't justifiable yet you seem cool with that. Speed laws actually make more sense for health and safety than cannabis laws do. 

3 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

If rules are rules and laws are laws going 10 over on the interstate isn't justifiable yet you seem cool with that. Speed laws actually make more sense for health and safety than cannabis laws do. 

Please stop twisting what I said. All I said is those that break team rules should be held accountable. I dont care if its underage drinking, smoking pot, etc.. You can't compare murder as the same crime as a trafic violation. Which for the record I don't disagree or agree with liberal marijuana laws. It should be up to the people of the state to determine what they want for the most part. Pretty sure were supposed to be talking about MO's case on this forum instead of having a political debate.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, huskerfan333157 said:

Seems like majority want Mo off the team (which is stupid) yet never say anything about the 90s teams.  Like the steroids, Osborne hiding a gun in his desk that one of the players used in a shooting, sexual assaults etc.  If Frost keeps Mo on the team (which I hope he does) and we win the big 10 this year or next then all will be forgotten 

I haven't seen a majority wanting Mo kicked off the team? In fact it seems to be a pretty clear minority. I have seen a few more that think this might result in him being booted but that is not the same as wanting him gone. And it's probably not the best idea to compare 90's college football culture to that of the current day. Things are much different now as far as what behavior is common and considered acceptable. But yeah, winning does have a way of giving certain behaviors a wider berth.

1 minute ago, JJ Husker said:

I haven't seen a majority wanting Mo kicked off the team? In fact it seems to be a pretty clear minority. I have seen a few more that think this might result in him being booted but that is not the same as wanting him gone. And it's probably not the best idea to compare 90's college football culture to that of the current day. Things are much different now as far as what behavior is common and considered acceptable. But yeah, winning does have a way of giving certain behaviors a wider berth.

The bolded is true.

I think he will be gone...but, I don't want him gone.

AND....if he is to stay on the team, he needs to stop being such  distraction with actions off the field.  

• Plus1 3
44 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

It's morally wrong to imprison people for doing something innocuous, period. No other way around that really. They are taking away people's lives and destroying families for no good reason. 

Morality of the punishment can be debated even if the law is not immoral.

3 minutes ago, Vegas said:

Please stop twisting what I said. All I said is those that break team rules should be held accountable. I dont care if its underage drinking, smoking pot, etc.. You can't compare murder as the same crime as a trafic violation. Which for the record I don't disagree or agree with liberal marijuana laws. It should be up to the people of the state to determine what they want for the most part. Pretty sure were supposed to be talking about MO's case on this forum instead of having a political debate.

You said rules are rules and laws are laws does that not apply to traffic as well? You say its not the same as having a cannabis pipe but the question is why? Both are against the law.

Just now, Moiraine said:

Morality of the punishment can be debated even if the law is not immoral.

What makes the law moral? What is moral about it?

4 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

It might not be prevalent on this board but it seems like a lot of fans through social media want him gone.  I feel like huskerboard may be an outlier but we are all pretty smart people.

• Fire 1
57 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

In another part of the board I would debate you on this but here I'll just agree to disagree. That said Mo should probably have been more situationally aware.

If murdering children became illegal because the overlords of the country wanted to torture the children instead (an immoral reason to create the law), it doesn’t mean the law that makes it illegal to murder children is immoral.

Cue some bimbo saying “You’re equating child murder with smoking pot herp derp derrr!”

We’re debating the logic of the thing. How you come to have a law in place does not determine whether the law itself is immoral.

4 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

You said rules are rules and laws are laws does that not apply to traffic as well? You say its not the same as having a cannabis pipe but the question is why? Both are against the law.

I don’t think I said it was moral but you can correct me if I’m wrong. I’ve spoken of it not being immoral and it being amoral. But I’m speaking of its recreational use only. 

7 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

It applys to both. You break the law or break team rules you should be held accountable whether you agree with it or not.

• Plus1 2

14 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Where this analogy falls short is I don't think anybody is saying speeding 10 over on the interstate should be legal and shouldn't result in a ticket. I'll go ten over on the interstate and if I get a ticket I just pay it. It's a risk/reward thing  However, I will not speed at all in a school zone. It's still pretty much a risk/reward but the upside (a few seconds of time savings) is not worth the downside (a huge ticket with lost points and the possibility of having to live with injuring or killing a child).

The way I see it, it's not an issue of what Mo did being harmless or common behavior. It's just the simple fact that what he did is currently illegal and against University and probably team rules. Maybe it shouldn't be but it is. IMO it's not something that should result in him getting booted but people that get too many speeding tickets and/or have other moving violations (ie felony charges in another state) just might find themselves losing their drivers license.

55 minutes ago, Vegas said:

The culture isn't solely based on lifting and being a bad a$$, but doing the right things as well and developing young men into becoming adults. I know some have mentioned this offense is the same as being pulled over for a trafic violation. I disagree, being pulled over for doing 10 over the speed limit is completely different then using an illegal substance. Who cares what California and Colrado does? Rules are rules and laws are laws whether you agree with them or not. I dont see how this argument is justifiable. 

Did Mo get busted for smoking an illegal substance? Or did he get written up for having a device that is used for smoking an illegal substance in his dorm room? Was the device his? Lot of unknowns if you ask me. Maybe it was his room mates? Maybe it was the kid next doors? 

1 minute ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Did Mo get busted for smoking an illegal substance? Or did he get written up for having a device that is used for smoking an illegal substance in his dorm room? Was the device his? Lot of unknowns if you ask me. Maybe it was his room mates? Maybe it was the kid next doors? 

Yeah, MO was just holding onto it for a friend right? Still drug paraphernalia in a dorm room breaks teams rules no matter how much you want to defend him or not. Look, if you dont like state laws move to another state. If you don't like team rules, play for somebody else. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, Vegas said:

It applys to both. You break the law or break team rules you should be held accountable whether you agree with it or not.

I agree with this 

8 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Where this analogy falls short is I don't think anybody is saying speeding 10 over on the interstate should be legal and shouldn't result in a ticket. I'll go ten over on the interstate and if I get a ticket I just pay it. It's a risk/reward thing  However, I will not speed at all in a school zone. It's still pretty much a risk/reward but the upside (a few seconds of time savings) is not worth the downside (a huge ticket with lost points and the possibility of having to live with injuring or killing a child).

The way I see it, it's not an issue of what Mo did being harmless or common behavior. It's just the simple fact that what he did is currently illegal and against University and probably team rules. Maybe it shouldn't be but it is. IMO it's not something that should result in him getting booted but people that get too many speeding tickets and/or have other moving violations (ie felony charges in another state) just might find themselves losing their drivers license.

I don't think the analogy falls short at all. He was saying they aren't the same but what Mo did and going 10 over on the interstate are essentially the same. They carry essentially the same punishment. If he is ok with breaking one law which actually makes sense for the health and safety of the public (speeding) why is he so against the cannabis pipe when the punishment is essentially the same and the law makes less sense? I suppose where it breaks down is one is likely not against team rules. Ultimately Maurice should not have done what he did under the circumstances and he should be punished accordingly, but the punishment should fit the crime. 

26 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

If murdering children became illegal because the overlords of the country wanted to torture the children instead (an immoral reason to create the law), it doesn’t mean the law that makes it illegal to murder children is immoral.

Cue some bimbo saying “You’re equating child murder with smoking pot herp derp derrr!”

We’re debating the logic of the thing. How you come to have a law in place does not determine whether the law itself is immoral.

Can we take this to P&R? I think this is a good discussion that I want to continue but not the right place.