Mo wash cited for drug paraphernalia

I think almost no one here wants Mo off the team.  The speculation is more about what will happen to him based on what we know.  Of course no Husker will get tossed off the team for weed paraphernalia.  It would be a breaking of team rules and that would be that. 

The legal issue is pretty much in the hands of California if he get's time its not really a question anymore.  If he gets convicted of violating a revenge pron law then gets a long probation that allows him to play then we will see what happens and I'm glad I don't have to make the decision, trying to balance a stupid kid thing against perhaps one of the more inflammatory social issues that a University can face is above my pay grade. 

2 hours ago, mnhusker said:

I think almost no one here wants Mo off the team.  The speculation is more about what will happen to him based on what we know.  Of course no Husker will get tossed off the team for weed paraphernalia.  It would be a breaking of team rules and that would be that. 

The legal issue is pretty much in the hands of California if he get's time its not really a question anymore.  If he gets convicted of violating a revenge pron law then gets a long probation that allows him to play then we will see what happens and I'm glad I don't have to make the decision, trying to balance a stupid kid thing against perhaps one of the more inflammatory social issues that a University can face is above my pay grade. 

I sure as hell don't, but at the same time he is not a great reflection on our University right now. I really hope the kid can grow up and grow up fast. He should have felt he was on thin ice well before the drug paraphernalia issue came out.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

Here’s what I could see panning out. 

California places Mo on probation and with the added drag paraphernalia citation they judge could more than likely extend Mo’s probation from let’s say 6 months to 12-18 months. I think he’ll face a 1 game suspension 

Pretty stupid on what he did but former players and coaches have done a lot worse

I just had to post this,  I have a family friend(starting db under bo pelini) who told that bo held a team meeting telling players to stay away from K2 which was being sold legaly in Lincoln at the time.  The players had never heard of it till bo held the meeting and a lot of the team started by buying and smoking K2 because it was legal and easy to buy in Lincoln.  If MW is dismissed from the team, it won't be for pot.  I've seen on other sites posters comparing this situation to LP's...............idiots, not even close.  Whether you like it or not, Nebraska football players have been smoking pot (at the very least since the 60's),  and it ain't just Nebraska players.................LOL

12 hours ago, teachercd said:

I totally get what you are saying and it makes sense but I don't think it means it is fair.  This SHOULD be in a vacuum, about 5 people should know about this, tops.

Lets not pretend that his name should be plastered all over social media and posting sites because he has a sports scholarship. 

Maybe you have kids, I don't know...But if you do I can guarantee you would not want all this on them...no matter what they did.

This s#!t should not be public, it is foolish that it is and frankly it is disgusting that it is public and clearly is not fair.

Nothing is or even should be considered in a vacuum. Context matters a lot. If Mo didn't have charges against him but instead was known for helping rape victims, then the tone and tenor of this would be completely different. And rightfully so.

Whether I have kids or not, and whether this should have been publicly released or not, doesn't matter at all in what his consequences will or won't be.

• Fire 1
3 hours ago, RedDenver said:

Nothing is or even should be considered in a vacuum. Context matters a lot. If Mo didn't have charges against him but instead was known for helping rape victims, then the tone and tenor of this would be completely different. And rightfully so.

Whether I have kids or not, and whether this should have been publicly released or not, doesn't matter at all in what his consequences will or won't be.

I think he is already going through a lot with what's happening in California. And I don't believe in double jeopardy at the same time. I experienced that when I was military and it sucked. But he should at least be held accountable for the drug paraphernalia charge. And that may or may not involve running stairs until he pukes. Let's just wait to see his verdict in California and let the coaches decide what's best for the program.