Has anyone brought a somewhat chunky camera into a game lately?

27 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Might be tough to take selfies with that thing but I think you will be fine getting it in.

It's not for me. For some reason Elaida wants to bring it. He's never even shown interest in going to a game before. I guess it finally dawned on him that a Husker game is probably way better than anything the Bulldogs can muster and he needs to document it while he's there.

• Haha 3
  • Fire 1

I'd also encourage him not to. You're not going to get any interesting pictures with that that you can't with a phone. The only way you can hope to get good shots of the "game" is to have an extremely long focal length. I shot this last year from the sideline on a 400mm lens. I imagine his camera is something more like a 40mm max. No real point to it imo.

7StoHTe.jpg

46 minutes ago, Landlord said:

I'd also encourage him not to. You're not going to get any interesting pictures with that that you can't with a phone. The only way you can hope to get good shots of the "game" is to have an extremely long focal length. I shot this last year from the sideline on a 400mm lens. I imagine his camera is something more like a 40mm max. No real point to it imo.

7StoHTe.jpg

What if they want to take pictures of other things besides game action? What if they enjoy photography and shooting pictures with a camera as opposed to a phone? I'm pretty sure the person would have no problem bringing the camera into the stadium, why discourage them if they want to? 

1 hour ago, Nebfanatic said:

What if they want to take pictures of other things besides game action? What if they enjoy photography and shooting pictures with a camera as opposed to a phone? I'm pretty sure the person would have no problem bringing the camera into the stadium, why discourage them if they want to? 

If they want to take pictures of hot dog vendors or themselves or flag poles or something knock yourselves out I'm not discouraging that and my bad if it sounded like I was. Was just trying to make sure they're not under the impression they'd be able to get some sick game photos, if that's why they wanted to bring the camera.