See where Memorial Stadium ranks among the best in the country

1 hour ago, Hunter94 said:

#8??? really??????????

Refuse to click the link but if it says #8 I'd say that's actually quite generous or maybe pretty spot on. I think the outside facade of our stadium is beyond beautiful and the best in the nation, but interior a lot of schools have us beat (at least as far as design aesthetics, IMO). Mainly due to a massive overabundance of endzone seating compared to sidelines, and our erector set pieces that don't fit together the best. 

Georgia, A&M, OSU, Bama, Michigan, UCLA, and LSU all beat us for sure (IMO). Tennessee, FSU, USC, Washington and Clemson are all arguments but I'd say we're somewhere between 7-12.

27 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Refuse to click the link but if it says #8 I'd say that's actually quite generous or maybe pretty spot on. I think the outside facade of our stadium is beyond beautiful and the best in the nation, but interior a lot of schools have us beat (at least as far as design aesthetics, IMO). Mainly due to a massive overabundance of endzone seating compared to sidelines, and our erector set pieces that don't fit together the best. 

Georgia, A&M, OSU, Bama, Michigan, UCLA, and LSU all beat us for sure (IMO). Tennessee, FSU, USC, Washington and Clemson are all arguments but I'd say we're somewhere between 7-12.

Have you been to all of those?

30 minutes ago, Landlord said:

our erector set pieces that don't fit together the best.

I never understood why, after all the work they've done, they couldn't put something over those corners...

4 hours ago, Landlord said:

Your list is definitely accurate although I wouldn't include UCLA or Washington.  Tennessee, FSU, USC and Clemson could be moved around in the 7 to 10 range.

6 hours ago, Landlord said:

Michigan is a rat hole inside. Benches with numbers painted. I remember when capacity was increased by 10,000 and the reconstruction consisted of repainting the numbers on the benches. The grade of the seats is not very steep, so you end up far away from the field if you are not in a low row.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, huskerfan333157 said:

Your list is definitely accurate although I wouldn't include UCLA or Washington.  Tennessee, FSU, USC and Clemson could be moved around in the 7 to 10 range.

On this list, I've been to the (2)Big House, (8)Memorial, of course, and (13)Husky Stadium.

Most of my memories are when Memorial Stadium rocked 76,000, now it's over 90,000 of the best fans ever to walk the earth. I love the 'HUSKER' 'POWER' back and forth chant. The '92 Washington game was probably the loudest I've heard there. The video replay system is outstanding. They hardly ever miss a replay (sound system is worse than the Kraco speakers I had in high school). The Pride of All Nebraska puts on an outstanding show. I think 8th is probably about right.

Big House is overrated. Yeah, it's big but... Of the half dozen or so games I've been to, the crowd needs wake up, wash down some No-Doz with Redline Extreme. I've been to Nebraska games in Manhattan that were louder. We went to the 2011 Ohio State game, that's the exception to this rule, and that had more to do with being 1 of their 2 wins over tOSU in the 21st century. The bowl is gradual and row 99 (yeah, they have a row 99) is in a different zip code. Their band is excellent. Their replay system isn't up to Nebraska standards by any means.

Husky Stadium: It's all metal like old Johnny Rosenblatt so the stomping is like pounding a huge drum. Then they have metal roof that traps all that crowd noise in the stadium. The stadium is a horseshoe that has amazing views of Union Bay. The 97 game was easily the loudest game I've been to. They're underrated by my estimation.

I'm putting Notre Dumb Stadium and the Horseshoe on my bucket list. They're both about 3 hours from my place.

• Plus1 1