See where Memorial Stadium ranks among the best in the country

2 hours ago, Gage County said:

I'm putting Notre Dumb Stadium and the Horseshoe on my bucket list. They're both about 3 hours from my place.

I went to the OSU game last year and was really disappointed with the horseshoe.  The field turf was destroyed,  the red on retired numbers was faded and they only had speakers in the opposite endzone from us making all videos delayed sounding.   The stats boards were tiny and didn't contain much information.   The fans weren't into it and the atmosphere was lackluster even during their comeback 4th quarter.   I don't think I'd go back.

10 hours ago, Gage County said:

On this list, I've been to the (2)Big House, (8)Memorial, of course, and (13)Husky Stadium.

Most of my memories are when Memorial Stadium rocked 76,000, now it's over 90,000 of the best fans ever to walk the earth. I love the 'HUSKER' 'POWER' back and forth chant. The '92 Washington game was probably the loudest I've heard there. The video replay system is outstanding. They hardly ever miss a replay (sound system is worse than the Kraco speakers I had in high school). The Pride of All Nebraska puts on an outstanding show. I think 8th is probably about right.

Big House is overrated. Yeah, it's big but... Of the half dozen or so games I've been to, the crowd needs wake up, wash down some No-Doz with Redline Extreme. I've been to Nebraska games in Manhattan that were louder. We went to the 2011 Ohio State game, that's the exception to this rule, and that had more to do with being 1 of their 2 wins over tOSU in the 21st century. The bowl is gradual and row 99 (yeah, they have a row 99) is in a different zip code. Their band is excellent. Their replay system isn't up to Nebraska standards by any means.

Husky Stadium: It's all metal like old Johnny Rosenblatt so the stomping is like pounding a huge drum. Then they have metal roof that traps all that crowd noise in the stadium. The stadium is a horseshoe that has amazing views of Union Bay. The 97 game was easily the loudest game I've been to. They're underrated by my estimation.

I'm putting Notre Dumb Stadium and the Horseshoe on my bucket list. They're both about 3 hours from my place.

I didnt realize husky stadium could get so loud.

19 minutes ago, huskerfan333157 said:

I didnt realize husky stadium could get so loud.

The 92 Husker Huskie game is still loudest game at 133.6 decibels. We knew going to the 97 game it was going to loud. The Skers never trailed, that kept them much quieter than 92.