Wan'Dale Robinson cited for possession of marijuana

Coach will handle it:

Frost knows how many football players smoke - He was in the NFL and has seen the wide use.   Frost knows that Nebraska has a lot of very

conservative fans and needs to address the image of the program.  He will address them as young men who need to see the bigger picture.

Chew some a$$ and get back to football.  This is really a very minor thing.  

• Plus1 2

Still confused as to why everyone is turning this into a legalize weed issue.  Last time I checked weed isn’t allowed in the NCAA or NFL.

You can debate all you want, but his “possession” means he’s likely violating NCAA rules.

Me before team for both him and Washington.  I’d sit em both the first 4 games.

Cant wait for the eyerolls

• Plus1 6
  • Fire 1
2 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Still confused as to why everyone is turning this into a legalize weed issue.  Last time I checked weed isn’t allowed in the NCAA or NFL.

You can debate all you want, but his “possession” means he’s likely violating NCAA rules.

I think the people that are bringing it up mean it in a "It is not a big deal" way...

Like them drinking in college but not being 21...

I mean, these guys "violate" NCAA rules every time they take an extra T-shirt from the gear room, or when they sell their player tickets or when a fan pays for the pizza or when they get a free drink at the bars.

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

Can we figure out who has it out for the football players?? "I smell marijuana, please send police."    WELCOME TO f#&%IN COLLEGE! 

Probably a Missouri fan who became an RA in an attempt to tear us down. Whoever is calling the police needs to be kicked out of Nebraska (the state)  We dont accept alcohol or weed tattle-tellers in these parts.

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

I think the people that are bringing it up mean it in a "It is not a big deal" way...

Like them drinking in college but not being 21...

I mean, these guys "violate" NCAA rules every time they take an extra T-shirt from the gear room, or when they sell their player tickets or when a fan pays for the pizza or when they get a free drink at the bars.

You’re splitting hairs.  I guarantee you there is no goodie on the team saying “Hey bro, we really should really skip Mellow Mushroom today” or “You should probably give that Hudl shirt back”.

The NCAA tests you for marijuana and they all know it.  I went to a D2 school and it was made very clear.

It is difficult to build a program with individuals and I believe there will be discipline in this situation.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

It is a strange reaction.  Also the jokes about being back to 90's standards because we have players getting into trouble are more sad than funny.  Given the lack of championships, these latest problems make me think we have a team of potheads lacking commitment that will never achieve the level of success of the 90's.  Maybe some players on the team see the same thing and want the program to go in a different direction so they dropped a dime.  I doubt many players sat around smoking pot during the summer of '94 discussing how they were going to win a NC after coming up short the previous season.

15 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

You’re splitting hairs.  I guarantee you there is no goodie on the team saying “Hey bro, we really should really skip Mellow Mushroom today” or “You should probably give that Hudl shirt back”.

The NCAA tests you for marijuana and they all know it.  I went to a D2 school and it was made very clear.

It is difficult to build a program with individuals and I believe there will be discipline in this situation.

No it isn't and yes there will be.

This romanticized notion that the team needs to be football robots that finish a game, run right to the film room followed by the weight room then right to bed and a 5am alarm clock to hit the weights again before class and so on is just that...a romantic version of what us dorks want.

When I was on campus and they were beating the s#!t out of teams...you know who was out at the bars after home games?  The players...you know who was hosting house parties after home games?  The players.  You know how I know?  I saw them at the bars and at those parties...

None of these guys tested positive by the NCAA.  In fact, if I remember I think the last Husker that got busted (we think) by the NCAA for weed was Gregory...and he sat a game.

No one cared when "those guys" did it, one before they were kicking a$$ and two because there wasn't camera phones...fast forward when Corey McKewen (Was that his name) was photographed out partying as Hulk Hogan after a loss...and all hell broke loose.  

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

No it isn't and yes there will be.

This romanticized notion that the team needs to be football robots that finish a game, run right to the film room followed by the weight room then right to bed and a 5am alarm clock to hit the weights again before class and so on is just that...a romantic version of what us dorks want.

When I was on campus and they were beating the s#!t out of teams...you know who was out at the bars after home games?  The players...you know who was hosting house parties after home games?  The players.  You know how I know?  I saw them at the bars and at those parties...

None of these guys tested positive by the NCAA.  In fact, if I remember I think the last Husker that got busted (we think) by the NCAA for weed was Gregory...and he sat a game.

Let’s just say that is accurate, which I believe it is.....how about you work your way to the top before you start ‘F’ing off?  The tone will be set if this is ignored.

I can’t even compare them to a 7 win program let alone an NC team.  

1 minute ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Let’s just say that is accurate, which I believe it is.....how about you work your way to the top before you start ‘F’ing off?  The tone will be set if this is ignored.

I can’t even compare them to a 7 win program let alone an NC team.  

Shoot, I hear that!  I would rather have them kicking a$$ and winning all the time instead of losing!

But I am also for equality...it isn't the pot/f#&%ing/drinking/partying that made one team bad and one good...it was the players.

So if this cat that just got busted is a stud...I say...GO BIG RED!