Wan'Dale Robinson cited for possession of marijuana

19 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Shoot, I hear that!  I would rather have them kicking a$$ and winning all the time instead of losing!

But I am also for equality...it isn't the pot/f#&%ing/drinking/partying that made one team bad and one good...it was the players.

So if this cat that just got busted is a stud...I say...GO BIG RED!

GBR

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Still confused as to why everyone is turning this into a legalize weed issue.  Last time I checked weed isn’t allowed in the NCAA or NFL.

You can debate all you want, but his “possession” means he’s likely violating NCAA rules.

Me before team for both him and Washington.  I’d sit em both the first 4 games.

Cant wait for the eyerolls

He didn’t fail an NCAA drug test, so he’s not in violation of an NCAA rule as far as I’m aware. Speaking of which, the NCAA reduced the penalty for a positive marijuana test recently and they will likely reduce it again in the future.

So, since he didn’t violate an NCAA rule and has never been in trouble before, the legal issue is going to come up followed by any team issue there might be. It’s really unlikely there will be a game suspension.

• Plus1 2

I think Mo Barry will address this with most of the team shortly.  He wants a championship.  Captain, Unity Council, whatever.  Mo will get his point across.  He might already be addressing this.  Can't imagine he and others will put up with any off season BS that is going to lessen the chances of winning.  

• Plus1 2
35 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

He didn’t fail an NCAA drug test, so he’s not in violation of an NCAA rule as far as I’m aware. Speaking of which, the NCAA reduced the penalty for a positive marijuana test recently and they will likely reduce it again in the future.

So, since he didn’t violate an NCAA rule and has never been in trouble before, the legal issue is going to come up followed by any team issue there might be. It’s really unlikely there will be a game suspension.

If you go 65 in a 45, but you don’t get pulled over did you violate the law?

1 hour ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Still confused as to why everyone is turning this into a legalize weed issue.  Last time I checked weed isn’t allowed in the NCAA or NFL.

You can debate all you want, but his “possession” means he’s likely violating NCAA rules.

Me before team for both him and Washington.  I’d sit em both the first 4 games.

Cant wait for the eyerolls

In order to violate the NCAA rules, they would have to test positive in a drug test.  Possession of the drug itself or paraphernalia is not violating NCAA rules.

12 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Yeah, but the players are allowed to take prescription pain medications?

Yes, the combination of politics and medicine/pharma push for meds make most natural treaments less accessible while drugs/treatments with bad side effects are given. MJ is supposedly good for lowering pain and decreasing healing time.

But anyways these kids have to get better at smoking incognito. If they're going to do it they need to be more discreet.

3 hours ago, Salsa Red said:

Just so you guys know, weed may become legal eventually but it will likely never be allowed for players. It's a performance enhancing drug, as it decreases pain levels.

Just to belay any concerns about anonymous use of the eyeroll gif, I eyerolled this one. 

43 minutes ago, dvdcrr said:

How's the song go?

"I couldnt win the Big 14....

Because I got high....

We couldnt, win the NC...

Because I got high....

I think Lincoln's marinuana team has a football problem!  Wow they seem real focused on Ohio St, right?

This one too. 

20 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

In order to violate the NCAA rules, they would have to test positive in a drug test.  Possession of the drug itself or paraphernalia is not violating NCAA rules.

Just like you’re only cheating on your wife if you get caught.

I have never said he was issued a violation or caught violating.  I said he is/was likely violating.

12 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Just like you’re only cheating on your wife if you get caught.

I have never said he was issued a violation or caught violating.  I said he is/was likely violating.

But the NCAA doesn’t consider it a violation of their rules until he tests positive. Yes, he’s probably doing something which is against the NCAA rules, but again it’s not a violation of the rules until he tests positive, so the NCAA won’t issue any punishment until that happens.

Now, whether Wandale or Mo has committed a violation of team rules is a different story. But, again their behavior wasn’t an issue until they were caught. 

Just now, gobiggergoredder said:

Dude, I don’t even know you.  Let alone your marital status.  The “you” wasn’t directed at you.  

But you you do sound like a helicopter parent.

I am about the furthest thing from a helicopter parent there is. I’m not saying what Wandale did wasn’t against the laws in Nebraska (no matter how silly I think those laws are) and he doesn’t deserve any punishment. However, you keep referencing the NCAA when they don’t have any jurisdiction in the matter until Wandale or Mo fails an NCAA drug test.