Wan'Dale Robinson cited for possession of marijuana

7 minutes ago, Frostberg said:

Possession of edibles, or consumable foods, teas or other products containing marijuana or THC concentrate are a Class IV felony in Nebraska, punishable by a maximum sentence of 2 years imprisonment and a maximum fine of $10,000. Even one “pot” brownie may land you charged with a felony.

That's just insane.

• Plus1 3

4 minutes ago, Frostberg said:

While that may be true I think the point being made is edibles are much more difficult to get caught using. They don't produce a smell detectable from a hallway when you don't even have the substance on you. Weed stinks and weed smoke sticks to your person, this makes people suspicious and call the cops. Edibles don't really have any smell and once consumed are essentially impossible to get in trouble for outside of public intoxication.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

While that may be true I think the point being made is edibles are much more difficult to get caught using. They don't produce a smell detectable from a hallway when you don't even have the substance on you. Weed stinks and weed smoke sticks to your person, this makes people suspicious and call the cops. Edibles don't really have any smell and once consumed are essentially impossible to get in trouble for outside of public intoxication.

I know edibles are widespread in state where recreational marijuana use is legal.  However, I doubt there are a lot of gummies, pot cookies, and other edibles being sold by illegal pot dealers in Nebraska.  They are selling the dirtiest ditch weed they can find and getting rid of it as quickly as they can.

10 hours ago, Atbone95 said:

1) I'd like to see a link to where the probable cause for search and seizure is lessened on campus compared to the general public. I searched and struggled. 

2) The appropriate answer to the kind officer is still "No.", "No thank you", or "Nah". 

I used to be a narcotics agent for the FBI, if an internet link helps you better understand and believe the law you can do a Google search yourself. 

• Plus1 1
10 hours ago, Atbone95 said:

1) I'd like to see a link to where the probable cause for search and seizure is lessened on campus compared to the general public. I searched and struggled. 

2) The appropriate answer to the kind officer is still "No.", "No thank you", or "Nah". 

I prefer a statute book, but don’t have one on me. Here is a lame a$$ link if it makes you feel better that I’m not randomly making s#!t up. 

https://www.thoughtco.com/search-and-seizure-in-schools-3194666

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I know edibles are widespread in state where recreational marijuana use is legal.  However, I doubt there are a lot of gummies, pot cookies, and other edibles being sold by illegal pot dealers in Nebraska.  They are selling the dirtiest ditch weed they can find and getting rid of it as quickly as they can.

Ehhhh you may be kind of right about the gummies but your last sentence is not true. Some may do that, but many make the trip to Colorado and get legitimate product because the students are fairly knowlegable consumers of this product at this point in time. 

• Plus1 1
Just now, Nebfanatic said:

Ehhhh you may be kind of right about the gummies but your last sentence is not true. Some may do that, but many make the trip to Colorado and get legitimate product because the students are fairly knowlegable consumers of this product at this point in time. 

Thanks for the information.  It makes sense that the pot dealers are selling better products then when I was in the market for such items.

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Thanks for the information.  It makes sense that the pot dealers are selling better products then when I was in the market for such items.

Right, in general legalization has just made cannabis more mainstream and allowed people to be more educated about what they are getting. On top of that, access to better quality product is just easier now than it was probably 15 years ago. It is kind of what everyone feared when Colorado went legal and I think it is an issue of how we are doing this state by state it creates problems imo but thats a discussion for elsewhere.

• Plus1 2
8 hours ago, southernoregonhusker said:

I would love for you to provide a citation for this.  

I used to be a narcotics agent. I am 30 years old and was one for about five years and left cause I didn’t agree with many of the laws or policies that were being enforced. Many are racially motivated and tactics used concentrate on social class, etc. I am a white male who now works with at risk youth in Omaha, but am very in tuned with the laws. Here is just one link and case law example from a lame website after spending one minute searching. I prefer a legal statute book though. 

https://mobile.edweek.org/c.jsp?cid=25920011&item=http%3A%2F%2Fapi.edweek.org%2Fv1%2Fblog%2F55%2Findex.html%3Fuuid%3D11973

• Plus1 2

3 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I can't find a link, but didn't the Omaha police chief say they weren't going to prosecute or arrest anyone for CBD oil?

Basically the current stance in the state. A friend works in the county attorney's office - she said o one is going to prosecute it because it is a waste of time and it'll get legalized eventually anyway. 

17 minutes ago, Bad2theBONES said:

I used to be a narcotics agent for the FBI, if an internet link helps you better understand and believe the law you can do a Google search yourself. 

Wasn't saying I doubted you, I just hadn't heard that before.  I don't think high school grounds are treated the same as a residence in the form of a college dorm. The university has a bunch of rules and they can hose you if you decline a search for violating their rules... but you're within your rights to decline the search. 

34 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

The CBD oils being sold now don't contain THC, which is the component in pot which gets people "high".  As long as there isn't THC then it's legal with the federal gov't.

I know, I’ve been using CBD oil for awhile. But mine is full spectrum with THC...not enough to get that funny feeling though.

I guess my point was twofold. 1- they do sell CBD oil in Nebraska and 2- some people hereabouts are trying to claim the player’s weed use is for anxiety and/or pain management. They could get those benefits from legal CBD oil (withoutTHC) so I’m not buying that story. It is simply college students doing what college students have always done. I just wish certain football playing college students realized the microscope they are under and, if they can’t abstain at least they would be smart enough to not get caught. It certainly isn’t making them better players or teammates so, in a way, it is selfish non team oriented behavior. That may not be a fair judgement compared to the rest of the student body but there are plenty of things high profile players get that the typical student does not, so in my book it’s not a completely unfair expectation to want them to be better than this.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Atbone95 said:

Basically the current stance in the state. A friend works in the county attorney's office - she said o one is going to prosecute it because it is a waste of time and it'll get legalized eventually anyway. 

Wasn't saying I doubted you, I just hadn't heard that before.  I don't think high school grounds are treated the same as a residence in the form of a college dorm. The university has a bunch of rules and they can hose you if you decline a search for violating their rules... but you're within your rights to decline the search. 

The car in the parking lot is not the same as a dorm room. I was speaking about the search of the vehicle. For a dorm room probable cause is needed for search. Smell of weed is probable cause to search the whole dorm room. That then would lead to “Reasonable Articulable Suspicion” that the marijuana was brought on campus in the vehicle, and it could then also be searched.  However, if there is no probable cause,” and there wasn’t a smell of weed, the only room with consent / permission that can be searched would be the person’s specific bedroom. If there is common areas or living room areas or a shared kitchen space then all people living in the residence have to give consent. If one person says no then police can’t search without PC. If all five consent to search the whole dorm room, all people that reside in the dorm room must be present during the search so they can speak up and tell the police to stop in case they change their minds during the search, as they have a right to stop the search at any time. 

• Plus1 3
5 minutes ago, Bad2theBONES said:

The car in the parking lot is not the same as a dorm room. I was speaking about the search of the vehicle. For a dorm room probable cause is needed for search. Smell of weed is probable cause to search the whole dorm room. That then would lead to “Reasonable Articulable Suspicion” that the marijuana was brought on campus in the vehicle, and it could then also be searched.  However, if there is no probable cause,” and there wasn’t a smell of weed, the only room with consent / permission that can be searched would be the person’s specific bedroom. If there is common areas or living room areas or a shared kitchen space then all people living in the residence have to give consent. If one person says no then police can’t search without PC. If all five consent to search the whole dorm room, all people that reside in the dorm room must be present during the search so they can speak up and tell the police to stop in case they change their minds during the search, as they have a right to stop the search at any time.  

I appreciate your knowledge on this subject. Thanks for the information.

I'm unfamiliar with police searches and the legality of probable cause. Are you saying that if an officer smells weed, that's probable cause and the resident can't decline a search? What happens if they refuse to unlock the door? Could (conceivably) the police just kick it in? I know that's not going to happen, but theoretically, is that on the table? Or do they have to come back with a warrant?