Wan'Dale Robinson cited for possession of marijuana

I can not express how tired I am of players getting busted for MJ....then the thread ends up in a multi page thread with people preaching to everyone about how archaic America's drug laws are and how MJ is great and how it does nothing negative to you or anyone else and everyone should live happily ever after in a world where it's 100% legal because I've used it for 10 years and nothing has ever happened to me negatively from it......bla bla bla   

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

I can not express how tired I am of players getting busted for MJ....then the thread ends up in a multi page thread with people preaching to everyone about how archaic America's drug laws are and how MJ is great and how it does nothing negative to you or anyone else and everyone should live happily ever after in a world where it's 100% legal because I've used it for 10 years and nothing has ever happened to me negatively from it......bla bla bla   

How do you feel about alcohol? 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, southernoregonhusker said:

Actually I do.  I've been a cop since 2006.  Also, within the material you provided:  "In a 6-3 decision, the Supreme Court of the United States ruled that the school’s search was reasonable and had not violated T.L.O.’s Fourth Amendment rights.  The Court decided that students in primary and secondary school should not have the same level of search and seizure protection as adults and as juveniles in non-school settings."

That's not how case law works.  Just because one case has one set of circumstances but is silent on another set doesn't mean that it doesn't apply to the different set of circumstances.

• Plus1 1
17 hours ago, RedSavage said:

I had a friend in college that one time had some really good stuff - smelled like a skunk sprayed the crap out of it.  Anyhow, we called him "The Game" cus he always smoked "The Game" blunts/wraps.  He smoked some of this, in a blunt, in his car, went back into the dorms with nothing on his possession but stunk so bad someone called the cops on him.  The cops came to his dorm, could smell it and ended up searching his car and giving him a possession ticket, much like this.  Not sure what but there must be something in the law that allows them to search the vehicle.

There is likely something you sign when you get a parking permit for the university that you consent to a search of the vehicle while on University property. As I've not reviewed the documents a student signs, this is just speculation but a possible reason/explanation. Still - I'd insist on contacting an attorney but understand he was probably pressured into it by University police. 

I've been to a few of those CBD shops and I'm not sure how any cop would know the difference. It was indistinguishable from regular weed. The whole place just smelled like it, and the plant material looked like just normal. Can you make them test your weed after to prove it? I'd be surprised if local police have any capacity to do that. I work downtown and noticed a lot more weed smell walking around after those shops opened also, but this city is way more lax on that stuff than most non legal ones. 

If a coach really wants to put and end to, or at least greatly diminish, breaking team rules, make the punishment be everyone on the team has to run stadium stairs except for the person who broke the rule.  No one would want to be the guy who got his teammates punished for his lack of discipline....just a thought.

• Plus1 1
51 minutes ago, Dbqgolfer said:

If a coach really wants to put and end to, or at least greatly diminish, breaking team rules, make the punishment be everyone on the team has to run stadium stairs except for the person who broke the rule.  No one would want to be the guy who got his teammates punished for his lack of discipline....just a thought.

That might work until you run into a Randy Gregory. Then you’d just have the whole team pissed at the coach :lol:

3 hours ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

I've been to a few of those CBD shops and I'm not sure how any cop would know the difference. It was indistinguishable from regular weed. The whole place just smelled like it, and the plant material looked like just normal. Can you make them test your weed after to prove it? I'd be surprised if local police have any capacity to do that. I work downtown and noticed a lot more weed smell walking around after those shops opened also, but this city is way more lax on that stuff than most non legal ones. 

They have field kits for thc I would assume. It would (or in CBDs case, wouldn't) cause a chemical reaction that shows THC is present.

I had a teammate in HS who got high before every game.  Rushed for just shy of 3k yards our senior season.  He had 5 rushing tds in 2 1/2 qrtrs one game.  Probably could have had 8 if our coach didnt believe in embarrassing other teams.  I also didnt know he got high before every game until after we graduated.  He didnt really care becaus he was a basketball player and football was just something he did.

Marijuana, alcohol, what ever.  I'm kind of one that feels 'what ever floats your boat and doesn't hurt me" is fine.  BUT...I do believe in rules.  This whole thing boils down to rules, and whether a kid follows them or chooses to not follow them.  They are kids.  Let the law give them the first penalty, fine or what ever.  Lecture them sternly and let them know just one more infraction and there will be no discussion.  You are off the team for a year.  Third infraction, you are gone for good.  Hate to make a pun, but this is the kind of problem that Frost needs to nip in the 'bud'.

• Plus1 3
On 6/11/2019 at 3:38 PM, Mavric said:

That's not how case law works.  Just because one case has one set of circumstances but is silent on another set doesn't mean that it doesn't apply to the different set of circumstances.

Let me get this straight.  You provided a case that deals with searches at schools.  I then stated that this particular case deals with juveniles.  You then state I couldn't be sure of that.  I then provide proof that it did using the link you provided.  Now your comeback is about case law?  I think you've forgotten what the subject was.  

Wandale is not a juvenile and the officer could not have searched his car without either PC that drugs were in the car or Wandale's permission to search.  The post about reasonable suspicion being enough to search the car is total crappola.  My guess is Wandale is a nice kid and told the officer the weed was in his car.  There's your PC for the search.  

• Plus1 2
5 hours ago, southernoregonhusker said:

My guess is Wandale is a nice kid and told the officer the weed was in his car

That's exactly how I see it. Met his family at the Spring Game and they were all very nice people. I'm sure he was just goofing around and when caught, came clean and didn't cause any trouble.

7 hours ago, southernoregonhusker said:

Let me get this straight.  You provided a case that deals with searches at schools.  I then stated that this particular case deals with juveniles.  You then state I couldn't be sure of that.  I then provide proof that it did using the link you provided.  Now your comeback is about case law?  I think you've forgotten what the subject was.  

No

You said it doesn't apply to colleges.  I said that's not how case law works.  Just because one case is decided to have applied in one set of circumstances doesn't make it true for you to say "they didn't talk about colleges there so it doesn't apply to colleges".  That's not how case law works.

• Plus1 1