** 2019 Previews: 247Sports Big Ten Record Predictions **

Speaking of weed....

While the Big Ten Conference has been absent from the College Football Playoff the past two seasons, the conference once again enters the 2019 college football season with multiple national championship contenders....

NEBRASKA (11-1, 8-1)

Wins: vs. South Alabama (Aug. 31), at Colorado (Sept. 7), vs. Northern Illinois (Sept. 14), at Illinois (Sept. 21), vs. Ohio State (Sept. 28), at Minnesota (Oct. 12), vs. Indiana (Oct. 26), at Purdue (Nov. 2), Wisconsin (Nov. 16), at Maryland (Nov. 23), vs. Iowa (Nov. 29)

Losses: vs. Northwestern (Oct. 5)

MINNESOTA (10-2, 7-2)

Wins: vs. South Dakota State (Aug. 29), at Fresno State (Sept. 7), vs. Georgia Southern (Sept. 14), at Purdue (Sept. 28), vs. Illinois (Oct. 5), at Rutgers (Oct. 19), vs. Maryland (Oct. 26), vs. Penn State (Nov. 9), at Northwestern (Nov. 23), vs. Wisconsin (Nov. 30)

Losses: vs. Nebraska (Oct. 12), at Iowa (Nov. 16) 

IOWA (9-3, 6-3)

Wins: vs. Miami (Ohio) (Aug. 31), vs. Rutgers (Sept. 7), at Iowa State (Sept. 14), vs. Middle Tennessee State (Sept. 28), vs. Penn State (Oct. 12), vs. Purdue (Oct. 19), at Wisconsin (Nov. 9), vs. Minnesota (Nov. 16), vs. Illinois (Nov. 23), 

Losses: at Michigan (Oct. 5), at Northwestern (Oct. 26), at Nebraska (Nov. 29)

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/College-football-schedule-2019-Big-Ten-predictions-Ohio-State-Michigan-Penn-State-132761481/#132761481_1

Image result for kool aid gif

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 7

Jordan James be smokin’ something a lot stronger than weed.

11-1, that should be reserved for Kool-Aid drunk fans like me. I would all but guarantee we don’t lose to NW so maybe we’ll go 12-0.

Whatever happens I just hope he’s right about Wisconsin.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Head Coach Scott Frost said:

Record prediction is one thing. The crazier thing is one loss is to NW??? That's the game they pick? No way we drop that one again, especially in Memorial.  More concerned about most other big ten games over that one.

This is what B1G teams have been saying for decades before we arrived and Northwestern still finds ways to pull them off with semi frequent regularity. 

8 minutes ago, Landlord said:

This is what B1G teams have been saying for decades before we arrived and Northwestern still finds ways to pull them off with semi frequent regularity. 

Not to beat a dead horse bc this has been talked about quite a bit but I don't think that's going to be much of an issue going forward

27 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

Not to beat a dead horse bc this has been talked about quite a bit but I don't think that's going to be much of an issue going forward

I think we definitely win more than we lose to NW going forward, but don't be surprised if they remain relevant. Great coaching staff, continuity, excellent facilities, prestige, campus location, etc.  They have a much better product than they did even ten years ago.

4 minutes ago, HS_Coach_C said:

I think we definitely win more than we lose to NW going forward, but don't be surprised if they remain relevant. Great coaching staff, continuity, excellent facilities, prestige, campus location, etc.  They have a much better product than they did even ten years ago.

I'm speaking more to NU specifically.  I definitely think they will continue to surprise people and win games where they're the underdog.  However, I think a lot of our struggles have been more boneheaded coaching decisions and some lack of on the field discipline, that Northwestern has capitalized on.  I'm not sure we'll ever be perfect in all those areas but I expect vast improvement going forward and not giving NW many of those chances in the first place.