OG Chandler Durham [Georgia State - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

35 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Durham commit?

• Nebraska
    • Florida Atlantic
    • South Florida

This poll is closed to new votes

16 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Our recruiting after not belonging on the field with Ohio State continues to perplex me.

I guess this another trust the staff (and ignore nearly every other staff) situation. 

We have the #4 tackle in the country committed, so again it's not like the staff isn't going after talented players. 

We need to do more on the field to attract more good players. If they missed on other guys they're going to take someone and he's next up. 

12 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

We have the #4 tackle in the country committed, so again it's not like the staff isn't going after talented players. 

We need to do more on the field to attract more good players. If they missed on other guys they're going to take someone and he's next up. 

And we are recruiting him to play guard

• Plus1 2
33 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Interesting. It must not have occurred to any other P5 team to have him play guard. The genius of the Nebraska football program prevails yet again. 

You could apply you know.  For a position with the university under football operations.  I'm sure with your incredible qualifications they'd hire you on the spot.  That way we could get this program turned around ASAP. 

Assuming you could actually recruit a lick if you even were gifted a job like that which it sounds like obviously you could.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 2

1 minute ago, suh_fan93 said:

You could apply you know.  For a position with the university under football operations.  I'm sure with your incredible qualifications they'd hire you on the spot.  That way we could get this program turned around ASAP. 

Assuming you could actually recruit a lick if you even were gifted a job like that...

Couldn't have said it better myself.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Interesting. It must not have occurred to any other P5 team to have him play guard. The genius of the Nebraska football program prevails yet again. 

Instead of looking at stars and saying this guy is bad and we are wasting a schollie, you should try to be constructive and tell what it is you dont like about a particular prospect.  I dont mean that as insulting or anything, and it would add to the discussion on the board.  

• Plus1 3

I trust the staff and think they know what they want. Not to defend Dr. Strangelove but I can see how he along with probably many others feel bothered seeing us going after a kid rated this low. 2 guys were are trending with right now are this kid who is like a .82 and a DB who just de-committed from louisville who is also like a .82. 

Perhaps they are great players- but I can see the worry from some of our fans when Ohio State and Alabama have roughly 60 of their 85 roster kids are a 4 or 5 star and the remaining 25 are 3 stars just under the cut of a 4 star. Then people see us scrapping up 2 star and low 3 star kids. 

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I trust the staff and think they know what they want. Not to defend Dr. Strangelove but I can see how he along with probably many others feel bothered seeing us going after a kid rated this low. 2 guys were are trending with right now are this kid who is like a .82 and a DB who just de-committed from louisville who is also like a .82. 

Perhaps they are great players- but I can see the worry from some of our fans when Ohio State and Alabama have roughly 60 of their 85 roster kids are a 4 or 5 star and the remaining 25 are 3 stars just under the cut of a 4 star. Then people see us scrapping up 2 star and low 3 star kids. 

Well we aren't Bama or OSU. We have to develop talent and win before recruits turn their attention to us. Until proven otherwise we are a 4-8 program. Stars do matter, but we won't get the ones we want until we develop the ones we get and show it on the field. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 5

People actually think Frost or anyone for that matter are going to come in and start even halfway recruiting just like 'Bama' or OSU' right off the bat.  You better just accept it now that the likely hood of anyone stepping right in and recruiting on that level immediately is very very likely not going to happen.  Just like turning this program or any struggling program around for that matter while it has happened somewhat immediately (See our own head coach's resume) the likely hood of that happening 'routinely' is also slim to none.  

Once again people's 'expectations' are not even close to reality.  But then again sports fans.

• Plus1 4
21 minutes ago, Ziebol said:

Well we aren't Bama or OSU. We have to develop talent and win before recruits turn their attention to us. Until proven otherwise we are a 4-8 program. Stars do matter, but we won't get the ones we want until we develop the ones we get and show it on the field. 

I agree with you. My statement was that I could see how some fans are freaking out. Given the beating we took and then the release of the amount of 4 and 5 stars on that team. The way I see it is we have some rebuilding like you said to get us close to that type of recruiting level. 

BUT the one concern I have is recruiting a guy where you are his ONLY P5 offer. I would think we could clean up on 7-8 4 stars a year and the bulk of the class is mid to upper 3 stars. those .85-.88 guys. Then hopefully you start winning on the field and that 7-8 we have shown the ability to get turns into 10-11. Then hopefully that turns into 12-15

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

BUT the one concern I have is recruiting a guy where you are his ONLY P5 offer. I would think we could clean up on 7-8 4 stars a year and the bulk of the class is mid to upper 3 stars. those .85-.88 guys. Then hopefully you start winning on the field and that 7-8 we have shown the ability to get turns into 10-11. Then hopefully that turns into 12-15

Again we are going to have to discover some diamonds in the rough because until we show otherwise we are a 4-8 program. The stars will come and they already have for the 2020 recruiting class but we are still going to have to take developmental pieces. Taking 1 developmental linemen isn't bad since we have Conn and Corcoran in the bag and those are future starters. We need depth in a bad, bad way on the line so taking a guy like Durham gives you the same flexibility you have with a guy like Anderson from last year. Get the whales and develop the small fish.

• Plus1 2

Anyone actually watch his film?

I see an athletic lineman with good feet and has the athleticism to pull and climb to the second level as well. Plus he has a bit of a mean streak. Think he’d be an excellent guard or center.

I think some of you must enjoy being upset about everything in the world.

• Plus1 5
48 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I agree with you. My statement was that I could see how some fans are freaking out. Given the beating we took and then the release of the amount of 4 and 5 stars on that team. The way I see it is we have some rebuilding like you said to get us close to that type of recruiting level. 

I don't think this guy was number one on our board and I don't think, unless the staff is confident his a diamond in the rough, that SF and staff are going after guys with no P5 offers first. We likely missed on other OL targets and this guy is next up on the list. He'll likely gain more offers as other programs miss on guys and look down their list. There's no denying we've missed on some targets this year, but that's bound to happen after two 4-8 seasons. As Ziebol said, we're going to have to develop a few of these guys or recruit over him next year.

• Mavric changed the title to OG Chandler Durham [Georgia State - Signed LOI]