OG Chandler Durham [Georgia State - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

35 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Durham commit?

• Nebraska
    • Florida Atlantic
    • South Florida

This poll is closed to new votes

10 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Our recruiting after not belonging on the field with Ohio State continues to perplex me.

I guess this another trust the staff (and ignore nearly every other staff) situation. 

Can you stop posting on every kids' profile saying they're bad plz? 

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, suh_fan93 said:

People actually think Frost or anyone for that matter are going to come in and start even halfway recruiting just like 'Bama' or OSU' right off the bat.  You better just accept it now that the likely hood of anyone stepping right in and recruiting on that level immediately is very very likely not going to happen.  Just like turning this program or any struggling program around for that matter while it has happened somewhat immediately (See our own head coach's resume) the likely hood of that happening 'routinely' is also slim to none.  

Once again people's 'expectations' are not even close to reality.  But then again sports fans.

I don't expect Nebraska to recruit at the level of OSU or Bama.

But I do expect them to recruit players that have offer lists beyond Sun Belt teams. 

Let me put it this way, if a kid from SEC country isn't seen as even a project by Vanderbilt, Mississippi State or Kentucky, do you think we should?

That being said, I hope the kid turns into a beast whatever he goes.

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I don't expect Nebraska to recruit at the level of OSU or Bama.

But I do expect them to recruit players that have offer lists beyond Sun Belt teams. 

Let me put it this way, if a kid from SEC country isn't seen as even a project by Vanderbilt, Mississippi State or Kentucky, do you think we should?

That being said, I hope the kid turns into a beast whatever he goes.

You have to remember that this staff is offering players who are also being offered and recruited by teams who are definitely not 'Sun Belt' or whatever non P5 conference you can think of.  At the same time not every single player they offer is going to be a 4 or 5 star guy being recruited by (choose any team) who are regularly in the top 10-15 teams recruiting wise.  Heck this is Frost's 2nd recruiting cycle which isn't even finished yet.  Have some faith in these coaches and forget about Nebraska's recruiting 'past'.  If you expect bigger things sooner recruiting or team wise that's on you.  It's definitely not always as simple as looking at someone's 'offer list'.  Trust me these guys are making the offers and are spotting the right talent imo as well for what they are trying to put together.  

12 minutes ago, The_Fan_Man said:

He looks like a prototypical rural school guy that buries his opponents because he's got great feet and good hands along with functional strength. Watch his film against a really good team from Dutchtown. They're anchored by high 4-star Alabama commit William Anderson (28) and the only time they line up against each other Anderson has Durham laying on top of him. The same thing happened when he lined up against Oregon commit Bradyn Swinson and Georgia Tech commit Billy Ward. He's a really, really good high school offensive lineman.

So the obvious question is why haven' these other schools offered Durham if he can play at a high level. His team went 2-8 as a junior and he didn't go to any national camps that I could find. That would be part of it. Maybe he's not actually 6'4" 280 but rather 6'1.5" 265. I don't know, he looks like a really good grinder from everything I've seen. 

The move that Anderson puts on him to the inside is a nice move, but Durham stays with the block and wins. I've seen our current starts on the OL standing alone looking confused after a defender uses the same move.

He probably ends up picking up several offers late as teams are looking down their boards from missing on other guys. I bet he ends up with a few more P5 offers.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, The_Fan_Man said:

He looks like a prototypical rural school guy that buries his opponents because he's got great feet and good hands along with functional strength. Watch his film against a really good team from Dutchtown. They're anchored by high 4-star Alabama commit William Anderson (28) and the only time they line up against each other Anderson has Durham laying on top of him. The same thing happened when he lined up against Oregon commit Bradyn Swinson and Georgia Tech commit Billy Ward. He's a really, really good high school offensive lineman.

So the obvious question is why haven' these other schools offered Durham if he can play at a high level. His team went 2-8 as a junior and he didn't go to any national camps that I could find. That would be part of it. Maybe he's not actually 6'4" 280 but rather 6'1.5" 265. I don't know, he looks like a really good grinder from everything I've seen. 

That's a good point about the camps.  I remember Maliek Collins stayed a little under the radar in recruiting because he wasn't able to attend camps.

• Fire 1
On 10/4/2019 at 9:51 AM, Mavric said:

Word is he might not have the green light to commit as of now.

Sounds about right. We are taking only 2 more O-lineman for 2020 and if we can get him later we might as well see if we can get some guys higher on our board. This class needs to get some more D-lineman as we graduate a good amount at that position. So we can be more selective on the offensive line.

Durham is a solid prospect that does things the right way. He may not have the stars but he looks to be well-coached and a solid player.

• Fire 1

I like this kid a lot. He knows how to keep his leverage at the best advantage with his footwork. People talk about footwork with linemen as if it's only about "where you're moving to" as your defender attacks. But it's also about keeping your leverage.

He's got a great build for a guard. I really hope we get him. To anybody that says you have to be recruited by a ton of Top 25 schools as a lineman to be considered "great," Milt Tenopir and Boyd Epley's legacies say 'hello.'

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
  • Mavric changed the title to OG Chandler Durham [Georgia State - Signed LOI]