2019 Season Notes

4 hours ago, knapplc said:

Those balls move at over 60 mph. That hurts.

We had a girl get a concussion a year or two ago from a shot like that.

3 hours ago, MLB 51 said:

Yeah, that poor girl didn't look happy after that. It wasn't a fun way to end the season for her either.

I always told my daughter it was a steak dinner if she did that. I had to deliver a couple times. :lol:

And she took one off the face/forehead as well one time but it returned over the net. It was in the middle of a long rally but her team ended up losing the point. We had to watch her for concussion symptoms but she was okay.

7 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I always told my daughter it was a steak dinner if she did that. I had to deliver a couple times. :lol:

And she took one off the face/forehead as well one time but it returned over the net. It was in the middle of a long rally but her team ended up losing the point. We had to watch her for concussion symptoms but she was okay.

Back in my playing days, we'd tell each other "If you can't put it down, hit somebody."  Balls take funny bounces off of faces and heads. Just about a guaranteed kill.

I did accidentally clock a woman in the face once, during warmup and for god knows what reason she decided to hare it parallel to the net at about the ten foot line. Really ugly sound, and she went down. Felt bad, but also kinda felt like it was her fault.

• 2 weeks later...